School Transport Passenger Assistant / Support Worker who has a caring nature and has experience of working with vulnerable students / children and young adults requiring medical care and assistance is required to support the passengers on their journey for a school based in Rutland, East Midlands.
SALARY: £9.62 per Hour
BENEFITS: A safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
LOCATION: Rutland, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Contract, Term Time only
WORKING HOURS: 0 hour contract – as and when required between 07:00 and 17:00, term time only.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a School Transport Passenger Assistant / Support Worker who has a caring nature and has experience of working with vulnerable students / children and young adults requiring medical care and assistance is required to support the passengers on their journey.
Working as a School Transport Passenger Assistant / Support Worker you will be responsible for ensuring the safe transportation of passengers on journeys to schools, colleges and other establishments as authorised, ensuring the safe delivery of passengers is achieved to a high standard.
As a School Transport Passenger Assistant / Support Worker you will be required to cater for the medical and behavioural needs of passengers on required journeys. Your passengers will include children with special educational needs or disabilities, and you will be supported by a Driver during the journey.
Your role as a School Transport Passenger Assistant / Support Worker will include:
- To look after the welfare of passengers from the moment they are collected until the time they are handed over to any acknowledged person on reaching the pre-determined destination
- Assist in ensuring that passengers are transported in accordance with various safety guidelines and that all safety equipment is effectively deployed (i.e. use of passenger lift, seat belts, restraining harnesses, wheelchair clamps or webbing straps
- To communicate effectively with the parent/carer of passengers with regard to alterations of timings or other issues. To communicate effectively with the driver of the vehicle and other passengers with regard to any transport, safety or care issues arising on the route
- Liaise with appropriate officers, parents/carers and school staff in order to understand the individual and medical needs of passengers where this information is of benefit to transport need
- To act effectively to diffuse difficult situations on the vehicle and to report such incidents to the Transport Office. Be cognizant of the Passenger Code of Conduct and report incidents for follow-up
- To act in accordance with the principles set out in the Employee Code of Conduct and the Values
- Good level of basic education
- Experience of working with the public
- Experience of working with clients requiring medical care
- Experience of transporting clients in wheelchairs
- Skills confidence and ability to be responsible for the care of clients with medical needs
- Able to communicate clearly, tactfully and politely with parents, carers, colleagues and young people
- Able to use initiative and make decisions
- Capable of working in a team
- Good inter-personal skills
- Able to work with challenging children
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C7125
Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Rutland, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk