School Caretaker who has experience in Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Ground and General maintenance including skills in DIY, Carpentry, Decorating and Plumbing is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Redbridge, Ilford, Essex.
SALARY: £18,822 – £19,960 FTE (Pro Rata Salary £9,411 – £9,980 per annum)
LOCATION: Redbridge, Ilford, Essex
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
WORKING HOURS: 20 Hours per week, 4 hours per day Monday-Friday, all year round
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a School Caretaker who has experience in Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Ground and General maintenance including skills in DIY, Carpentry, Decorating and Plumbing.
Working as the School Caretaker you will be responsible for the general maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school and to maintain the premises (both internally and externally) in a clean, safe, sound and secure condition for staff, pupils, parents and community users.
As the School Caretaker you will be expected to have enthusiasm and commitment for improving the school within areas of your direct responsibility.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the School Caretaker:
- Opening and closing, unlocking and locking of school gates and buildings and setting the alarm system
- Upkeep and general care of the school, ensuring rubbish is stored and emptied appropriately
- Sweep yards, remove debris from paths, play areas and pick up litter
- Carrying out minor repairs to property, fixtures, fittings and equipment, which are not beyond the scope of an unskilled handyperson
- Drawing the attention of the appropriate authorities, via the Principal, to any repairs or maintenance work, which is beyond the competence and responsibility of Caretaking staff
- Directing contractors to the sites of repair and maintenance work and inspecting the work of contractors
- General porterage duties and moving of furniture
- Assisting teaching staff with simple tasks as requested
- Checking damage/security every morning on arrival at the premises
- Receive and check goods and supplies and take them to the appropriate place for storage
- Ensure that clear passage is maintained on fire escape routes
- Report any defects of building, furniture, fittings and equipment
- Make safe any hazards and ensure that the area is cordoned off
- Keep paths, entrances free of ice and snow to ensure the safety of children, parents, staff and visitors
- Have experience of site management
- Thrive on collaboration and partnership
- Have excellent knowledge of how to keep our school safe for all young children, visitors and staff
- You have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Want to work as part of a forward thinking, driven team
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5026
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Redbridge, Ilford, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk