Facilities & Buildings Maintenance Assistant / School Caretaker / Handyperson who is reliable and diligent, with previous building/site maintenance and gardening experience and a good sense of humour is required for a day and residential primary special school based in Ottershaw, near Woking, Surrey.
SALARY: £19,894 per annum
BENEFITS: 25 day paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays (to be taken at any time other than the last week of August each year), Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, Perkbox Discounts
LOCATION: Ottershaw, near Woking, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
PLEASE NOTE: The role is subject to an enhanced DBS and barred list check
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an application form, which we will send over to complete. Please keep an eye for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Facilities & Buildings Maintenance Assistant / School Caretaker / Handyperson who is reliable and diligent, with previous building/site maintenance and gardening experience and a good sense of humour.
Working as the Facilities & Buildings Maintenance Assistant / School Caretaker / Handyperson you will support the Deputy Premises Manager and Premises Manager to maintain the school site and grounds to a high standard.
As the Facilities & Buildings Maintenance Assistant / School Caretaker / Handyperson you will act as a key holder and responder in emergencies.
In the longer term, the opportunity to step up and become Deputy Premises Manager may be possible for a strong candidate.
Your duties as the Facilities & Buildings Maintenance Assistant / School Caretaker / Handyperson will include:
- Ensure the cleanliness, safety and maintenance of the school buildings and grounds is to a high standard
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and security standards across the school
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment for pupils, staff, visitors and contractors, arranging works as necessary
- Planning, organising and delivering the maintenance schedule and future building, gardening and landscape projects
- Help with administration for the premises team as and when required e.g. monitor, control stock and plan / purchase domestic items
- Unloading of weekly deliveries
- Key holder responsible for unlocking/locking as required
- Support the Deputy Premises Manager with daily / weekly / monthly in house checks and ensure these are recorded appropriately and any remedial actions are complete
- Undertake regular visual checks of electrical fittings, plumbing systems and drains
- Check all outside areas of the school, including fences, gates, walls, steps and lighting, report any areas that require attention
- Subject to H&S regulations, carry out decoration programmes
- Ensure that the school site is clear of litter, unwanted equipment and rubbish and is in good order at all times
- Where appropriate, clear leaves, snow, ice, including the treatment of surfaces with road salt
- Ensure deliveries occur in a safe and organised manner and transport goods to the appropriate destination
- If required be prepared to collect supplies in order to carry out emergency repairs
- Previous experience of building/ site maintenance
- Experience of coordinating moves, with the ability to lift and move furniture and equipment (in accordance with Health & Safety procedures)
- Skilled to carry out maintenance tasks over a wide spectrum including plumbing, carpentry, carpet laying, painting and decorating and specialist cleaning jobs
- The ability to operate and understand electrical/mechanical systems
- Good understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- The ability to apply regulations such as health & safety, manual handling, COSHH, Legionella etc.
- Awareness of school policies and procedures and most importantly the equal opportunities policy, child protection policy and all health & safety related policies
- Ability to use small industrial, electrical and mechanical equipment
- Ability to use IT to ensure personal effectiveness –Microsoft Office for emails and calendars, Excel and Word
- Good communication, organisation, planning and literacy skills
- Ability to prioritise and work flexibly
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post including lifting, carrying and pushing various equipment to undertake the duties of the post
- Experience of providing a calm and courteous service both internally and externally
- Clean driving licence and able to drive the school mini bus
- High standards of personal and professional integrity
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to complete an application form, which we will send over to you to complete. Please keep an eye for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7669
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ottershaw, near Woking, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk