Sales Executive / Learning Technology Account Manager who has a passion for learning, education & training, experience of key account management and the ability to grow and drive new business in the region, is required to join our team at Virtual College based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire.
SALARY: Competitive plus Great Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Ilkley, West Yorkshire - there is scope for this role to be based remotely, with travel to our Ilkley offices when required
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per Week (Monday to Friday) including flexible working
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Sales Executive / Learning Technology Account Manager (known within the college as a Learning Technology Sales Consultant) who has a passion for learning, education & training, experience of key account management and the ability to grow and drive new business in the region.
Working as a Sales Executive / Learning Technology Account Manager you will join our sales and partnerships team.
As the Sales Executive / Learning Technology Account Manager you will need to have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of scoping, pitching, winning and delivering strategic digital learning / transformation programmes
- Experience and / or keen interest and knowledge of learning, L&D, Education & Training, digital learning approaches and tech, business transformation programmes
- Experience of working with a range of Public and Private sector organisations and an understanding of current sector / business challenges
- Ability to develop long term relationships and embed Virtual College within the client’s business
- Familiar with a Key Account Management approach and can demonstrate delivering growth and new business through this as part of a long term relationship management plan
- Proactive and entrepreneurial in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and taking accountability for delivering annual revenue
- Collaborative approach – able to engage internal and external stakeholders and work with and through teams to achieve the best results for the client
- Someone that can lead by example and work proactively and collaboratively with the wider sales team and business
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 25 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Manager, as a Sales Executive / Learning Technology Account Manager your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Understanding the sector landscape and what that means for training in the sector, both for immediate and future needs
- Leading on strategy, policy, product and service recommendations and implementing associated activity plans to meet sales expectations
- Understanding how to maximise our products and services for the sector
- Understanding the competitor landscape in the sector
- Consulting customers and partner organisations to be able to deliver high value contracts and clients and to open new markets
- Proactively contacting HR and L&D professionals and providing a consultancy driven service to recommend solutions to meet their learning challenges
- Working closely with the content development team for the development of new bespoke digital and blended learning solutions in line with customer and partner feedback
- Representing Virtual College at key eLearning events, including presenting and running seminars
- Knowledge and awareness of educational, training and learning technology trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the wider corporate L&D and education market
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Experience in responding to high level bespoke digital development requirements
- Experience in bid writing and implementing sales strategies to winning bids and tenders
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience managing client’s expectations
- Experience in a technical sales or training sales role
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) including flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7314
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Virtual College