Sales Executive / Business Development B2B Lead Generator who has excellent communication skills with a professional telephone manner is required to join our team at Virtual College as a Learning Technology Advisor.
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
Previous sales, business development, client account management and lead generation experience would be highly desirable. Although we will consider candidates that are looking to embark on a sales career and have the transferrable skills required such as being extremely personable, confident, a good listener and have good negotiation skills.
This is more of a consultative sales role.
SALARY: £20,000 per annum (rising to £23,000 per annum after successful completion of probation period) plus Great Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Hybrid Working - up to 3 days working in the office (Ilkley, West Yorkshire) and home working
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per Week (Monday to Friday) including flexible working
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Sales Executive / Business Development B2B Lead Generator who has excellent communication skills with a professional telephone manner.
As the Sales Executive / Business Development B2B Lead Generator you will need previous office-based experience preferably within a B2B sales environment. However, we’ve had success from candidates coming from a consultative, HR Learning & Development (L&D) and Hospitality background that are looking to move into sales.
Working as the Sales Executive / Business Development B2B Lead Generator you will be joining a team of learning and development experts working to increase our customer portfolio through business development activity.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 25 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Your duties as the Sales Executive / Business Development B2B Lead Generator will include:
- Work with our learning consultants in line with sector strategies to generate sales opportunities through proactive sales activity
- Proactively contribute to and follow communication plans
- Work with and manage target lists and manage a consistent follow up and touch point process for opportunity generation
- Work with or handover highly qualified leads to consultants for demonstration, further qualification and conversion
Direct / Inbound Sales
- Support our inbound sales administration team with inbound sales enquiries via phone and a shared email inbox
- Quickly and effectively respond to inbound sales opportunities to provide high levels of purchaser satisfaction
- Explore immediate and future opportunities early in the sales cycle to identify additional income
- Works to an income target between £150,000-£200,000
Customer Growth and Engagement
- Works with customers digitally to ensure products and service continue to meet their needs
- Builds strong, personable relationships with customer based on trust and credibility
- Independently explores additional products and services a customer could use to increase investment in training, learning and development
- Successfully review customer data in the CRM to create target growth lists and plan engagement activity
- Reengage with lapsed or ex-customers to re-introduce Virtual College products and services
- Experience in a sales role within a B2B environment or motivated to move into this sector
- Experience generating new business sales from a range of sources would be highly desirable
- An understanding of the Learning & Development industry would be desirable
- Knowledge of eLearning and Learning Management Systems would be desirable
- Experience of software sales extremely desirable
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) including flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7353
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Virtual College