Every year, we distribute millions of pounds of the National Lottery's good cause money to community groups and charitable projects around the UK
Compliance, Business Continuity, Risk Manager that has proven experience of risk management and business continuity planning is required for the Big Lottery Fund based in Birmingham, West Midlands.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum + Generous Benefits
LOCATION: Birmingham, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week (Part-Time Hours Considered)
APPLICATION PROCESS - RISK MANAGER: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Compliance, Business Continuity, Risk Manager that has proven experience of risk management and business continuity planning.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Risk Manager:
- Oversee the Fund’s organisational risk management framework and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) approach
- Provide expert advice and support to colleagues to ensure that risk and associated controls are appropriately identified and managed
- Support our Directorates to ensure that they are able to meet their accountabilities for risk management for the Fund
- Provide regular risk reports and analysis to SMT, Audit & Risk Committee, and Board and to the wider organisation when necessary
- Play an active role in managing the Fund’s approach to fraud risk management and the Funding Controls Group
- Maintain, test and develop the Fund’s approach to Business Continuity
- Maintain the Business Continuity Planning (BCP) documentation and ensure that supporting plans are up to date and regularly assessed
- Understand the key processes across the functions, their ownership and maintenance
We are the largest community funder in the UK – we’re proud to award money raised by National Lottery players to communities across the UK. Last year alone we gave out over half a billion pounds (£508.5 million) of National Lottery funding to over 11,000 community projects across the UK, enabling even more people and communities to bring their ideas and ambitions to life.
At the heart of everything we do is the belief that when people are in the lead, communities thrive. National Lottery funding is open to everyone and we’re privileged to be able to work with the smallest of grassroots groups right up to large UK-wide charities.
We are looking for diverse and talented people who share our values and are passionate about funding great ideas that matter to communities and make a difference to people’s lives.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Risk Manager, you will have the following demonstrable experience and qualifications in these areas:
- Experience and knowledge of risk management
- Experience of business continuity planning
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams, mentoring and coaching individuals and providing direction, highlighting priorities and identifying solutions
- Be able to work within a small team in a flexible way and balance up individual ownership of work with collective responsibility for the team’s outputs
- Experience of report writing for SMT/Board level decision making
BENEFITS FOR YOU
We seek to develop our staff and offer a wide range of personal development opportunities.
We offer a wide range of generous benefits including:
- Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
- Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance, taking into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Season ticket and cycle to work loans
We are an equal opportunities employer and celebrate the diversity of our staff. We positively encourage applications from individuals regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We also offer opportunities for part-time employment. We welcome applicants who can speak a second language.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4547
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of the Big Lottery Fund
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birmingham, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.