Retail Sales Assistant / Travel Money Customer Service Advisor with excellent customer facing skills required for a Global Company based at Heathrow Airport.
** EXCELLENT CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES **
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
Previous experience in Foreign Exchange / Travel Money would be desirable, although not essential as Full Training will be provided.
SALARY: £15,070 per annum (£8.05 per hour) + Commission
BENEFITS: 22 Days Holiday (increase in line with service – Maximum 25 days), 50% Staff Canteen Discount, National and Local Incentive and Bonus Schemes, Contributory Pension, Free Car Parking at the Airport, Discounts with Airport Retailers and Restaurants, Child Care Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Vouchers and many more.
LOCATION: Heathrow Airport, Hounslow, Middlesex
WORKING HOURS: 36 Hours per Week (Shift Work)
This role requires flexible shift work (4 days on / 4 days or 2 days off, depending on the needs of the business) which works on a rotation basis including weekends (there are various shifts: The earliest start time is 04:30 hrs and the latest is 22:30 hrs or later depending on business requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates should live with a 10 mile radius of Heathrow Airport.
IMPORTANT: It is standard procedure to have all security checks completed within 3 months of starting the job. The referencing process for Airport Security is particularly detailed; therefore you must be able to provide a five year work and personal referencing history during the interview process. Successful candidates must pass a numeracy test.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Retail Sales Assistant / Travel Money Customer Service Advisor that enjoys working within a customer facing environment.
Working as the Retail Sales Assistant / Travel Money Customer Service Advisor you will be based in one of the Company’s bureau concession outlets located within Heathrow Airport, where you will promote the Company’s brand and products offering a first class professional service.
As the Retail Sales Assistant / Travel Money Customer Service Advisor you will advise on and sell various travel money products to customers visiting the store, ensuring they receive the most suitable products to suit their needs.
Working in a similar role or within a travel agents or banking / finance environment would be extremely desirable, although not essential. However, successful candidates will need to have the ability to sell within a retail based environment.
If this job looks like your ideal position and you would like the chance to work with this great Company then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties and responsibilities as the Retail Sales Assistant / Travel Money Customer Service Advisor:
- Handle foreign exchange transactions for customers
- Maximise store revenue by up-selling and cross-selling
- Serve on average approximately 40 – 60 customers during non-peak season and at least twice as many during peak season
- Handle customer queries and concerns
- Offer the best service possible to every passenger
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to sell
- Is comfortable working to targets and KPIs set by the business
- Able to complete detailed work accurately and at a fast, efficient pace
- Previous cash handling experience
- Experience working with foreign currencies
- Is confident working with numbers
- Excellent communication skills
- Works to a high attention of detail
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Flexible in working different shift patterns which consist of both earliest (04:30 hrs) and latest (22:30 hrs or later depending on business requirements)
- Be able to provide a checkable 5 year student/work history, plus pass credit and criminal record checks
- Previous experience within a similar role, travel agency or banking environment
- Knowledge of Money handling procedures or Anti-Money Laundering
- Knowledge of a second language
- Attained a ‘C’ or above in Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Shop Staff Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies at Heathrow Airport
JOB REF: AWDO-P3938
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk