Waking Night Residential Support Worker who has previous experience working with children and young people is required for a Children’s & Young Peoples Home in Chasetown, Staffordshire, West Midlands.
SALARY: £8.91 per hour
LOCATION: Chasetown, Staffordshire, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent and Part-Time Bank Staff Positions Available
WORKING HOURS: 10.00pm- 8:00am rota, working 4 on, 4 off
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Waking Night Residential Support Worker who has previous experience working with children and young people.
Working as the Waking Night Residential Support Worker you will join a team to provide a high quality of care and support for young people within a residential service.
As a Waking Night Residential Support Worker, you are responsible for the young people at night and must meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural and educational needs of the children and young people.
Waking Night Residential Support Workers are responsible for providing a positive, safe and homely environment for all our young people and assisting in promoting good childcare practices in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will act as an appropriate adult and guide the young people in care. Ability to work as part of a team is essential along with completing daily logs which are reflective and factual for each young person.
As a successful candidate you will join a service that is well established and is within the Burntwood area, with the aim is to provide residential and community services that help restore stability in the lives of some of society’s most vulnerable young people.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural and educational needs of children and young people, working alongside the Children’s Homes Regulations and OFSTED
- Provide practical support during the night for all young people
- Form relationships with the young people which will facilitate the care and assessment process
- Provide a verbal handover at the start and end of the shift
- Promote and support daily routines, such as getting up and ready in the morning and making their choice of breakfast
- Ensure the security of the building and that the young people are abiding by the night time rules of the service
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience, however full training will be provided:
- Have experience working with children and young people
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in childcare / CYPW Diploma or equivalent (or willingness to complete)
- Have the ability to work with and support staff working with young people who have been traumatised by abuse
- Have knowledge of Child Protection issues and relevant legislation
- Have knowledge of child adolescent development, the impact of separation and loss, physical, sexual and emotional abuse and difficult behaviours that arise from this abuse
- Be computer literate and able to write up detailed reports
- Have a calm, welcoming and non-judgmental attitude
- Be over 21+ as working with young people aged 11-18
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4916
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Chasetown, Staffordshire, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk