Residential Support Worker to work with children and young people within a residential environment is required for a Children’s & Young Peoples Home in Swadlincote, Derbyshire.
** DAY SHIFT and WAKING NIGHTS AVAILABLE **
HOURLY RATE: up to £8.21 per hour (day rate) and up to £8.91 (night rate) + Sleep In Allowance
LOCATION: Swadlincote, Derbyshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent and Part-Time Bank Staff Positions Available
DAY SHIFT WORKING HOURS: Full-time hours involve working on a rota basis, working 1 day between 8.00am-10.00pm, followed by 2 days off.
WAKING NIGHT HOURS: 10.00pm- 8:00am rota, working 4 on, 4 off
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Residential Support Worker to work with children and young people within a residential environment.
Working as the Children’s and Young Peoples Residential Support Worker you will join a team to provide a high quality of care and support for young people within residential and community services.
Your responsibilities as the Children’s and Young Peoples Support Worker will include meeting the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural and educational needs of the children and young people. You will act as a key worker and become a positive role model who is able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate.
As the Children’s and Young Peoples Support Worker your ability to work as part of a team is essential along with recording information accurately, sharing reports and details at review meetings, child protection conferences and possibly at court.
As a successful candidate, you will join a service that is well established within a rural environment, within close proximity to Burton-on-Trent, with the aim to provide residential and community services that help restore stability in the lives of some of society’s most vulnerable young people.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural and educational needs of children and young people, working alongside the Children’s Homes Regulations and OFSTED
- Provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which children/young people can feel secure and free from harm
- Work in partnership with young people, their families, local authorities and other relevant agencies
- Motivate, supervise and develop young people
- Act as a key worker for a young person/child and to become a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate
- Provide emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
- Provide support for young people in their education and extracurricular activities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience, however full training will be provided:
- Have experience working with children and young people
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in childcare / CYPW Diploma or equivalent (or willingness to complete)
- Have the ability to work with and support staff working with young people who have been traumatized by abuse
- Have knowledge of Child Protection issues and relevant legislation
- Have knowledge of child adolescent development, the impact of separation and loss, physical, sexual and emotional abuse and difficult behaviours that arise from this abuse
- Be computer literate and able to write up detailed reports
- Have a calm, welcoming and non-judgmental attitude
- Be over 21+ as working with young people aged 11-18
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5002
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Swaldincote, Derbyshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk