Residential Child Care Worker / Team Leader who is caring, compassionate, understanding and has a passion for supporting and working with children with good leadership and supervisory experience is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
SALARY: £21,560 - £25,450 per annum (depending on experience) + £36 per sleep in + Generous Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Taunton, Somerset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Residential Child Care Worker / Team Leader who is caring, compassionate, understanding and has a passion for supporting and working with children with good leadership and supervisory experience.
Here at Five Rivers Child Care we are looking for a Residential Child Care Worker / Team Leader to come and join our family friendly team at our 3 bedded home for children aged 7 to 12 years, which is located just outside of Taunton, Somerset and is set in the countryside with idyllic views and large garden grounds.
As the Residential Child Care Worker / Team Leader, you will help the team to build and develop their skills and knowledge. You will need to be able to drive and have your QCF level 3 in Children and Young People.
This role is incredibly rewarding and allows you to work alongside some amazing young people. How many people can say they get to go kayaking, mountain biking, watch a film at the cinema, take a trip to a theme park or go on holiday with the young people in their working day? The role can be challenging at times, the young people have often experienced a great deal of loss and adversity in their lives. As a result of these adverse childhood experiences the young people are likely to have Social, Emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties. However, with the training we provide continued support within the team and you will be equipped with the skills and confidence in which to manage challenges and make the young people feel safe, listened to and not judged.
Working as the Residential Child Care Worker / Team Leader you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- You will be committed to the provision of high standards of care at all times
- Have a willingness to work with a wide range of presenting needs of the children
- Maintain effective care practice to ensure the children are cared for in a safe, nurturing environment with a therapeutic underpinning
- Be a good role model, able to demonstrate effective practice and appropriate relationships
- Be confident in supporting colleagues in responding to the varied, unique and collective needs of the children
- You will be required to follow clear direction and guidance, work part of a team to function at the highest possible level
- You will support the home in attaining its legislative requirements (Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, Ofsted, etc)
- The post requires the ability to be resilient, to be solution focused, to motivate, to be understanding and insightful of the children and to be part of their successful outcomes
- You will support the children in educational settings and in community-based activities
- The post requires flexibility and creative approaches to working, therefore requires the post holder to be able to commit to undertaking a flexible work pattern to attend to the needs of the home, team and children
As the Residential Child Care Worker / Team Leader, you will have the following:
- Must have a Full driving licence
- Must have a passion to work with children
- QCF Level 3 Children & Young people (or equivalent) or Health & Social Care is essential
- Flexibility and understanding is a must, as we are open all year round
- Must have an expert understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Must have previous experience in shift leading
We know how demanding and challenging our work can be. We value our staff and want to recognise and reward you for the work you do. Some of your rewards and benefits include:
- Full paid induction training
- A generous annual leave allowance
- On-going training and learning through the L&D Team
- Company Pension Scheme
- Simply Health Cashback Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service and Recognition Scheme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5798
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Taunton, Somerset. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.