Residential Child Care Worker Deputy Manager who is caring, compassionate, understanding and has a passion for supporting and working with children with good leadership and supervisory experience is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
LOCATION: Orpington, Bromley, South East London
JOB TYPE: 12 Month Full-Time, Contract (Maternity Cover)
WORKING HOURS: 39 hours per week on a rota basis where your time will be split 50/50
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Residential Child Care Worker Deputy Manager who is enthusiastic and dynamic and places the child in the centre of everything they do.
As the Residential Child Care Worker Deputy Manager you will support the registered manager to lead, manage and develop a team of residential childcare workers who help and support our children, who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and trauma, using our trauma informed practices, which are embedded within our culture.
Our Beautiful home is based in the heart of Orpington, where we can support up to 4 children from ages 7 -12 upon admission with a focus on permanence planning. For us to do this we follow a proactive approach & trauma informed practice, where we integrate with our educational and assessment & therapy colleagues which are both located at the home, to ensure we create the best outcomes for our children.
Your key duties and responsibilities as the Residential Child Care Worker Deputy Manager:
- Provide primary basic care and nurturing, contribute to a therapeutic environment to help the child’s progress
- Undertake sleep-in duties as part of a rota system
- Demonstrate professional and calm behaviour across a variety of situations
- Thorough knowledge of the care plan for the children and all planned activities for the day
- Provide for the young person’s physical needs as necessary, for example, by cooking, washing, ironing, shopping, bathing (where appropriate), budgeting, or by enabling them to carry out such tasks for themselves
- Take a lead role in team meetings
- Co-ordinate petty cash expenditure and cash reconciliation
- Support the Registered Manager
- Design, implement and lead shift plans and daily routines
- Monitor practice within the home and ensure junior members of staff are adhering to the agreed care plan and relevant care standards
- Protect the children during family contact and make sure there are appropriate risk assessments in place
- Ensure that all care paperwork is completed to the required standard
- Support the financial management of the home by keeping to the agreed budget
- Responsible for in-house training
- Ensure that any matters relating to child protection are managed in line with current legislation, Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and best safeguarding practice
As the Residential Child Care Worker Deputy Manager, you will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- QCF Level 3 in Children and Young Peoples Workforce (or equivalent)
- GCSE Maths and English C grade and above (or equivalent)
- Full Driving Licence and access to Vehicle is essential
- Previous experience working as a Deputy Manager
- Be committed to work toward your QCF Level 5
- Experience of leading and managing a team of Child Care Workers
- Robust knowledge of regulatory and legislative framework
- Good knowledge Ofsted benchmarking and SCCIF
We know how demanding and challenging our work can be. We value our staff and want to recognise and reward you for the work you do. Some of your rewards and benefits include:
- 30 Days Holiday per year (including 8 bank holidays)
- Simply Health – Health plan
- Perk box – which has excellent discounts
- Innovating training with continued support and development
- Employee Support programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5612
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Orpington, Bromley, South East London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.