Research & Data Support Assistant with a science related degree or equivalent experience, the ability to accurately record data and an understanding of database and data management, is required for a small but fast-growing Charity that is a world-leader in its specialist field based in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
LOCATION: Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time (some evening and weekend work)
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to hold a full UK Driving Licence and willing to undertake a DBS check
Early applications are encouraged as the charity is keen to fill the vacancy as soon as possible and will be interviewing people before the closing date
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Research & Data Support Assistant with a science related degree or equivalent experience, the ability to accurately record data and an understanding of database and data management.
As the Research & Data Support Assistant you will be part of a world leading Bio Detection Research team, supporting the training of dogs to detect the odour of disease.
Working as the Research & Data Support Assistant you will support research projects which the charity hope will lead to methods by which those diseases are detected at the earliest possible stage, thereby increasing the chances of survival.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 setting out your experience and how you meet the requirements for the role, as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Research & Data Support Assistant will include:
- Provide support to Bio Detection Trainers during training and testing of Bio Detection projects
- Live data input during training sessions and double-blind testing
- Assisting with data management by ensuring the input of clean data and assisting with preparing data for internal training/project reports, trustees, and external collaborators
- Assist with preparing samples for training. Including analysing sample background information and assisting with designing project specific training programmes
- Handle disease positive and disease negative samples during training and testing sessions including selecting, thawing, and re-freezing samples before and after training or testing sessions
- Assist with and preparing/cleaning the training area and cleaning and maintaining equipment in line with project requirements during training/testing
- A science related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of health & safety in the workplace, ideally within a biological research environment
- Experience of clinical trials
- Experience of data input and data management
- Confident in use of Excel, pivot tables and data interpretation/presentation
- Understanding of health & safety policies for handling of biological samples, or a willingness to learn
- Understanding of database and data management
- Some understanding of experimental design
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to take direction and accurately record data and notes
- A professional approach to staff, volunteers, and members of the public both internally and externally
- A good attitude to work and ability to use initiative to work effectively with and without supervision
- Must be comfortable working with and around dogs
- Be flexible about working hours when required
- Willing to undertake a DBS check
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 setting out your experience and how you meet the requirements for the role to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6227
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk