Research Operations Director who has strong communication and change management skills with experience in a team leadership role and a proven track record in collaboration projects is required to join our Editorial Team at Chambers and Partners based in Holborn, London.
SALARY: up to £65,000 per annum (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Holborn, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Research Operations Director who has strong communication and change management skills with experience in a team leadership role and a proven track record in collaboration projects.
The job of the Research Operations Director is to provide dedicated planning, operations leadership and a best practice framework to support the Editorial team. The role ensures improvements to our productivity and efficiency are shared across the whole research team, continuing our evolution as a world class research organisation.
As the Research Operations Director you will work closely with the Strategy & Planning Director to assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of our research processes and ranking coverage across all guides, ensuring consistency with company strategy.
Working in the Research Function for an organisation globally regarded as the definitive provider of analytics regarding the world’s best lawyers and practices.
Since 1990 Chambers and Partners has grown rapidly as a result of trusted research and objective analysis to become globally regarded as the definitive guide to the world’s best lawyers. Continuing to focus on its ongoing global expansion, strengthening its digital presence, hosting world-class seminars and recognising the importance of investing in its people means that it’s a very exciting time to be a part of Chambers and Partners.
Your duties as the Research Operations Director include the following:
- Providing a framework to the Editorial team through regular status reports using agreed research performance metrics
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and working with Editors and other team leaders to implement these initiatives
- Agree appropriate KPIs with the Editors
- Using data and analytics to assess research output both in terms of volume and quality
- Working closely with the Strategy & Planning Director to increase the opportunities afforded by targeted growth
- Providing a consistent view of progress and performance across teams aligned to our overall strategic goals
- Working closely with the Editors to define scope of our research schedules providing challenge and input to ensure effective, efficient projects
- Enabling optimization of resourcing and research approaches across teams
Research Best Practice & Continuous Improvement
- Identifying and applying research best practice
- Working across research teams to share lessons learned and optimise each team’s performance
- Delivering tangible improvements through liaising with other corporate departments to scope solutions for research in line with our company strategy
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Planning and organisation skills including knowledge of project management techniques
- Strong communications and change management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process improvement experience
- Knowledge of leading a world class professional research organisation such as Chambers
- Best practices and appropriate technology and tools
- Prince2 or similar qualification desirable
- Able to demonstrate significant experience in key stakeholder management with strong analytical, persuasion and influencing skills
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Experience in a team leadership role and a proven track record in collaboration projects
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to fostering and promoting an inclusive professional environment for all of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are integral values of Chambers and Partners and are key in our culture. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. This commitment applies across all of our employment policies and practices, from recruiting and hiring to training and career development. We support our employees through our internal INSPIRE committee with Executive Sponsors, Chairs and Ambassadors throughout the business promoting knowledge and effecting change.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6124
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Chambers and Partners