R&D Engineer / Manufacturing Project Manager with good analytical research skills, good practical laboratory and excellent communication skills, is required for a Global Manufacturer / Supplier based in Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester.
Candidates will require a Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a materials science-based field, and previous experience in a R&D or Product Development role.
SALARY: £28,000 – £32,000 per annum
LOCATION: Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, North West England with some European travel (approximately 5% of the time)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a R&D Engineer / Manufacturing Project Manager with good analytical research skills, good practical laboratory and excellent communication skills.
The Company is a global supplier of bonding solutions and manufacturer or adhesive based products.
As the R&D Engineer / Manufacturing Project Manager you will be responsible for the development of new products according to customer and / or market requirements and project management for all stages of the NPD process from initiation to launch. You will also oversee management of change on the standard product ranges, meaning change in raw materials or process order to reduce cost, improve efficiency or security of the supply chain.
Working as the R&D Engineer / Manufacturing Project Manager you will give technical support to the sales force and operations on standard product range / key initiatives.
Other activities will include:
- Management, planning and evaluation of laboratory, pilot & industrial trials
- Management of stage-gate approval process for new products and projects
- Knowledge update via supplier visits, specialised trade exhibitions attendance and literature and web follow up
You will ensure that all activities carried out are handled under compliance with Quality and H&S regulations and Company Procedures.
These responsibilities will necessitate to travel across Europe approximatively 5% of the time.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the R&D Engineer / Manufacturing Project Manager you will have:
- Proven lab experience, preferably with some knowledge of polymers, water-based emulsions and materials testing
- Good analytical skills for literature based research
- Good practical skills for laboratory and test rigs based work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - written and verbal
- Key requirement is flexible and open-minded approach to developments and an ability to think out of the box to solve complex problems with simple solutions & using ready to hand equipment
- BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry / materials science-based field
- Previous experience in a similar R&D or Product development role
- Experience of project management and stage-gate approvals of new products / developments
- Experience in formulation optimisation and/or development work in Industry
- Knowledge of FMEA / risk assessments
- Awareness of REACH/ RoHS/ CoSSH
- Experience of Minitab / statistical analysis of data
- Report generation and writing
- Foreign European language
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5796
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk