Research Analyst / Researcher & Writer who is organised, methodical with excellent written and verbal communication skills, is required to join our team at Chambers and Partners based in Holborn, London.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of 200+ London based Researchers and is ideal for candidates who can review raw data and write clear and concise copy that is easily understood.
SALARY: £24,000 pro rata
LOCATION: Holborn, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Fixed Term 6 Month Contract
WORKING HOURS: 9:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday
** Recent Graduate Applications Considered **
** Detailed Training Programme Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Research Analyst / Researcher & Writer who is organised, methodical with excellent written and verbal communication skills to join our team of over 200+ London based researchers.
A Research Analyst / Researcher & Writer (known as Research Analysts within our business) on Chambers Insight are part of one of the company’s most important teams – its success is crucial to the business’s success.
Working as a Research Analyst / Researcher & Writer you will be involved with parsing the raw data compiled by research teams for all of our published guides and turning it into useful information for law firms. Law firms are endlessly fascinated with the rankings and require their positions in the tables explained concisely and clearly as possible.
As a Research Analyst / Researcher & Writer on Chambers Insight you are assigned a law firm’s report to write and must use the data provided by research to draw sensible conclusions about what the reasons for the firm and its lawyers’ rankings were. You will write 200-400 words of compelling copy in every chapter of your report, with the aim of answering all of a firm’s potential questions about the rankings. Part of your training involves learning how to write the most sophisticated Premium reports, which include an analysis of the entire marketing, including a discussion of competitor trends. You will take ownership of each report assigned to you and regularly discuss your work with your Deputy Editor.
Chambers and Partners is an independent research company operating across 200 jurisdictions delivering detailed rankings and insight into the world's leading lawyers.
Chambers empowers organisations to make informed decisions when selecting legal services, saving time and resources and reducing risk.
We continue to invest and innovate to deliver data-led platforms, enabling law firms to provide the right services and in-house counsel to partner with the right firms.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Using the research database to find relevant raw data
- Tidying interview comments for sense and clarity
- Rendering comments anonymous by removing any information that could reveal the identity of the speaker
- Coming to appropriate conclusions regarding how the final ranking decisions were arrived at, incorporating research notes left by the research team
- Writing compelling copy that is clear, concise and easily understood by a layman
- Summarising findings in a short executive summary
- After an appropriate period of training, to be able to analyse the wider market and write about competitor trends in Premium reports
- Using appropriate software to accurately translate interviews that were conducted in languages other than English
- To maintain a high standard of accuracy in reports by ensuring that factual information is correct and up to date
- Excellent writing skills, particularly the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to draw broad conclusions after examining raw data and research notes
- The ability to closely follow house style
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to fostering and promoting an inclusive professional environment for all of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are integral values of Chambers and Partners and are key in our culture. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. This commitment applies across all of our employment policies and practices, from recruiting and hiring to training and career development. We support our employees through our internal INSPIRE committee with Executive Sponsors, Chairs and Ambassadors throughout the business promoting knowledge and effecting change.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5980
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Chambers and Partners