Research Analyst / Researcher & Editorial Writer who is organised, methodical with excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and/or French, is required to join our team at Chambers and Partners based in Holborn, London.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of 200+ London based Researchers and is ideal for candidates looking to start a career in research. The role will suit candidates who enjoys telephone based work as you will spend a lot of time interviewing legal professionals over the phone conducting qualitative research into the legal space (previous legal industry knowledge is desirable, although not essential as full training is provided). You will also enjoy writing as part of the role will involve writing editorials.
SALARY: £24,000 per annum
LOCATION: Holborn, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENT: Candidates MUST be fluent to a professional level in in speaking, reading and writing German and/or French.
** Recent Graduate Applications Considered **
** Detailed 2 Week Training Programme Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Research Analyst / Researcher & Editorial Writer who is organised, methodical with excellent written and verbal communication skills to join our team of over 200+ London based researchers.
Research Analyst / Researcher & Editorial Writer (known as Research Analysts within our business) are the core of the Chambers research process. Through effective interview techniques they gather feedback on the legal market from clients and lawyers. The role involves the close analysis of interviews and submissions to develop an accurate ranking table as a result of this research. Researchers also write informative editorials providing an overview of the strengths of a particular law firm.
As the Research Analyst / Researcher & Editorial Writer you are responsible for researching the practice areas and jurisdictions that you are assigned. This includes gathering factual information – via law firm submissions, deal reports or business press – and ensuring that useful clients and lawyers are identified and interviewed. You will also take ownership of each section assigned to you and discuss your findings with your Deputy Editor when research is complete.
Chambers and Partners is an independent research company operating across 200 jurisdictions delivering detailed rankings and insight into the world's leading lawyers.
Chambers empowers organisations to make informed decisions when selecting legal services, saving time and resources and reducing risk.
We continue to invest and innovate to deliver data-led platforms, enabling law firms to provide the right services and in-house counsel to partner with the right firms.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Research Analyst / Researcher & Editorial Writer include the following:
- Background research to understand their assigned practice areas and jurisdictions
- With the support of the Deputy Editor, determining which lawyers to contact for interview
- Conducting probing interviews with lawyers, asking open-ended questions
- Interviewing in-house counsel and other third-party experts by telephone or via an online questionnaire
- Accurately logging communications and continually assessing progression of their research
- Pursuing research leads gained via materials provided by the Chambers team, or through their own research
- Building an understanding of, and relationships with, the key market participants
- Analysing the data collected during the research phase to create accurate and impartial ranking tables that reflect the market
- Developing an understanding of your assigned jurisdictions/practice areas through interviews and desk research
- Seeking out and acting upon new developments and opportunities for expansion in the areas they are responsible for
- Assessing both law firms and individual lawyers - their key strengths and weaknesses - to provide an accurate hierarchical ranking
- Producing an informative, business-focused editorial for the Chambers website and print versions of our guides
- Fully responsible for the comprehensive nature of this editorial e.g. ensure accuracy, respect the confidentiality of material we handle etc.
- Identify what makes each firm different, and why it might appeal to a particular type of client
- Understand the personalities and key strengths of leading lawyers within the profession
- Working to the editorial deadlines i.e. meeting deadlines for research, ranking and editorial writing
- Taking ownership of the process i.e. proactively reporting any challenges faced when producing accurate and informative editorial etc.
- Writing internal reports at the end of a research phase that are called upon to direct research in the future
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must be fluent to a professional level in German and/or French (reading, writing and speaking)
- Must have a great telephone manner with the ability to build rapport quickly over the phone
- Demonstrates the ability to meet set deadlines.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to fostering and promoting an inclusive professional environment for all of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are integral values of Chambers and Partners and are key in our culture. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. This commitment applies across all of our employment policies and practices, from recruiting and hiring to training and career development. We support our employees through our internal INSPIRE committee with Executive Sponsors, Chairs and Ambassadors throughout the business promoting knowledge and effecting change.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5920
This job is being advertised by AWD on behalf of Chambers and Partners