Registered Manager who has a proven track record of providing the highest quality of care for young people with excellent management and team leadership skills is required for a Children’s & Young Peoples Home based in Birmingham, West Midlands.
SALARY: £28,000 - £30,995 per annum (Depending on experience & qualifications)
LOCATION: Birmingham, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: You must have your own car and hold a full driving license (mileage will be paid).
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Children’s & Young Peoples Home Registered Manager who has a proven track record of providing the highest quality of care for young people with excellent management and team leadership skills.
Working as the Children’s & Young Peoples Home Registered Manager you will work alongside the Director of Services and contribute to the planning, delivery and review of services. This includes monitoring and maintaining standards and objectives and to implement quality assurance systems, which reflect agreed good practice.
As the Children’s & Young Peoples Home Registered Manager, you must have extensive knowledge and understanding of all current regulations related to Residential Childcare and have the ability to effectively apply these to the day-to-day running of the home.
Your responsibilities Children’s & Young Peoples Home Registered Manager will include proactively striving for ongoing improvement within the home, the staff team and themselves. Your home will sit alongside an existing portfolio and will cater for young people with emotional and behavioural as well as young people who may have been remanded to the Local Authority through the criminal justice system.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that practice responds to and is pro-active to the changes in the Residential Child Care, Social Work and Educational climate and meets any requirements in legislation
- To overview in conjunction with other members of the Management Team, the day-to-day residential care practice in accordance with the policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Provide Residential Care to a high standard, that meets best practice and exceeds it whenever possible
- Contribute to the provision of a quality service to ensure consistent occupancy levels and to promote the on-going viability and development of the resource
- Operate as cost effectively as possible while still achieving the quality objective
- Coordinate and chair monthly staff meetings, as well as weekly management team meetings
- Take a lead on the Quality Assurance system and submission of monthly reports in respect of the physical environment and maintenance of recording systems
- Monitor, through direct observation and contact, the maintenance of daily routines and structures
- Design, develop and evaluate individual placement plans to ensure that these are revised as necessary through progress reviews and action planning
- Coordinate and contribute to the annual appraisal interviews for all staff within the home
- Be on-call as per Rota on a shared basis throughout the year
- Participate in the selection and appointment of staff as appropriate
- Oversee and contribute to the induction training for new staff, following a specific programme of induction
- Identify the need for, and to coordinate the provision of, assessment and therapeutic work to individual young people
You will be passionate about safeguarding young people and will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services or a Level 4 qualification relevant to working with children, as well as in management or Diploma in Social Work.
- Must have previous experience working in a residential childcare setting
- Must have previous management / supervisory experience
- Experience of working with young people with emotional, behavioural difficulties, symptoms of trauma, anti-social behaviour and unaccompanied asylum seeking young people
- Ability to manage complex budgets
- Experience of managing change and flexible time management
- Motivation, flexibility and sense of responsibility
- A strong problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literacy
- You must have your own car and hold a full driving license (mileage will be paid)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4915
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birmingham, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk