Regional Charity Volunteer & Fundraising Coordinator with excellent communication, organisational skills and experience in a similar role with a national charity where you have a proven track record of recruiting and managing volunteers and raising funds is required for a small but fast-growing charity that is a world leader in its specialist innovative field based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
** REMOTE WORKING / HOME BASED ROLE **
SALARY: £21,000 - £24,000 Dependent on experience
LOCATION: Remote Working / Home based – presence in the South West
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Contract 12 month contract initially, with expectation of renewal
WORKING HOURS: Full-Time with some evenings and weekends (Time Off in lieu given)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Regional Charity Volunteer & Fundraising Coordinator with excellent communication, organisational skills and experience in a similar role with a national charity where you have a proven track record of recruiting and managing volunteers and raising funds.
The charity receive no statutory funding and rely on the generosity of their many volunteers and supporters who raise awareness of their work and much needed funds.
Working as the Regional Charity Volunteer & Fundraising Coordinator you will recruit / build and develop local volunteer groups in your region with the aim of increasing both awareness of the charity’s life-saving work and local fundraising.
As the Regional Charity Volunteer & Fundraising Coordinator you will be to support, develop and enthuse volunteers and fundraising groups to increase the supporter base and ensure fundraising activity is as effective as possible to achieve maximum income in your region.
The charity is looking for someone committed, passionate and full of ideas about how to engage with the many different communities and groups who support their work, and to reach new audiences so that their supporter network continues to grow to meet their ambitions.
Your duties as the Regional Charity Volunteer & Fundraising Coordinator include:
- Develop community engagement to increase awareness of the charity
- Embed a volunteer led fundraising approach in the region
- Ensure that the volunteering needs of the region are analysed, understood and met through engagement with colleagues
- Regularly review and refine the strategy for meeting that need
- Engage with established volunteer support groups as well as local communities, groups, societies and businesses in the region building new relationships and strengthening existing ones to raise awareness of the charity
- Create and promote a range of suitable volunteering opportunities to include volunteers from all walks of life
- Work with corporate supporters in the region to encourage employee supported volunteering
- Ensure that all volunteers in the region are properly supported and managed so that they find fulfilment in their role
- Deliver induction and training to volunteers in the region
- Work with colleagues across the charity to ensure that volunteers have the resources they need to complete their role
- Manage the relationship with established volunteer support groups in the region, giving them advice and guidance on community fundraising activities and events
- Monitor and evaluate community events to ensure limited resources are used to the best effect and that income is maximised
- Work with the Marketing Manager to use local media, the charity website and social media to promote community events
- Provide a consistently high level of support, advice and encouragement to groups and individuals who want to raise funds
- Assist the Fundraising Manager to maximise income from corporate charity of the year partnerships
- Maximise the sale of merchandise products through community events
- Collection pots – work with the regional groups to manage all national supermarket and shopping centre collection pot records
- Update the Harlequin CRM database as required to ensure all information on the supporters and their activities on the charities behalf is as accurate and up to date
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Confident presentation skills
- The ability to deal with information in a confident manner and respond with sensitivity
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a variety of tasks
- Good IT skills across a range of MS Office applications
- Inspiring, with a creative streak that helps to bring ideas and motivate people
- A positive attitude and ability to use initiative and work effectively and efficiently without supervision
- Interested and passionate about the work of the charity
- Prepared to work longer days, evenings and weekends on occasion
- Comfortable working in vicinity of dogs
- Experience in a similar role with a national charity with a proven track record of raising funds
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- Provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Work some evenings and weekends for which time off in lieu will be given
- Initial training and induction will be carried out at Great Horwood. Accommodation and travelling expenses will be paid
- Familiarity with social media
- Experience of giving presentations
- Familiarity with CRM Systems
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7454
Full Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in South West. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk