Recycling Plant Operative / Loader with experience gained from working within a busy depot, warehouse or manufacturing environment required for a Global Company based in Warrington, Cheshire, North West England.
SALARY: Negotiable + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday, 2pm – 10pm Shift
LOCATION: Warrington, Cheshire, North West England
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Ideal candidates will have previous experience working around heavy machinery preferably gained from working within a depot, warehouse or manufacturing environment. Although not essential, having a Forklift Truck / FLT licence is extremely desirable. However, this job is quite physical and will require some HEAVY LIFTING
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Recycling Plant Operative / Loader with experience gained from working within a busy depot, warehouse, manufacturing or similar environment where heavy, industrial machinery is used.
Working as the Recycling Plant Operative / Loader you will work at the Company’s busy Depot where you will assist in unloading commercial waste, such as paper, media and other products from the trucks delivering to the Depot.
As the Recycling Plant Operative / Loader you must be confident and aware of your surroundings when working with heavy industrial machinery, ensuring you follow all on-site health and safety regulations and policies.
Your responsibilities as the Recycling Plant Operative / Loader will also involve feeding the commercial waste into the machines for further destruction and disposal. You will also be required to keep the machines running throughout the day, which will involve unblocking or carefully removing any objects that obstruct the machines from working correctly.
Your duties will also include working as part of a team that coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day.
Although not essential having a Forklift Truck / FLT or Class 2 drivers licence would be extremely beneficial.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great chance to work in this small and friendly team, where additional on the job training will be provided.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from the Company’s trucks at the assigned Depot nightly
- Operates and maintains baling machinery at the Depot
- Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required
- Performs shredding operations in support of the Company’s off-site shredding program
- Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems
- If certified / licenced operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required
- Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Company and NAID standards
- Ensures that truck shredder compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with Company guidelines
- Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of the Company following the Company’s policies and procedures at all times bringing the Manager's attention to any and all areas of concern
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Class 2 Drivers Licence is advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance preferred
- Certified forklift driver is considered an asset
- Ability to withstand the physically strenuous demands of lifting up to 80 pounds
- Candidates will be required to be CRB / DBS checked, if not already in possession, which the client will arrange
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4106
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Warrington, Cheshire, North West England. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk