Quality Engineer who has previous experience working within a Quality Function, including carrying out FMEA’s and 8D is required for a well-established International Company based in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester.
SALARY: Excellent Package
LOCATION: Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Quality Engineer who has previous experience working within a Quality Function, including carrying out FMEA’s and 8D.
Working as the Quality Engineer you will:
- Carry out 8D investigations for customer complaints and concerns and drive the Corrective/Preventative Actions required. Support the internal NCR/CAR process, Quarantine management and work with the relevant departments to ensure good Corrective actions are implemented
- Ensure FMEA’s are carried out for all processes / products and are kept current and used for design capability evaluation and change control management. Develop Quality Control Plans for all products ensuring they are kept current; ensuring governance through SOP’s and communication to operations
- Support the other members of the Technical/Quality Team
- New Product Risk Assessment – representing quality at high-risk job, planning and post job review meetings
- Assist in performing in-process testing of Product and associated Tooling
- Support root cause analysis and corrective action for external and internal customer concerns.
- Support the Quality & OpEx Manager and other members of the Quality Team
As the Quality Engineer your key responsibilities include:
- Conduct investigations using 8D process for Customer complaints and generating reports that can be passed to the Customer
- Support the NCR/CAR system and actively work with the relevant departments to drive the process.
- Ensure that all products / processes are assessed using the FMEA process and then update the assessments on a continual basis. Run teams to achieve this.
- Develop comprehensive Quality Control Plans for all products
- Gather statistical data and prepare quality reports
- Maintain an effective Quarantine and segregation process for all nonconforming raw materials
- Communicate and escalate urgent Quality concerns to the Quality & OpEx Manager
- Ensure Corrective and Preventative Actions are implemented for external and internal issues
- Use Quality Improvement tools to problem solve and continually improve the level of quality and performance
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly quality reports
- Be an active member of the internal Auditing team for the company’s ISO management systems
- Assist in the improvement of Quality systems and SOP’s
- Liaising with the Technical Process and R&D departments as required on Quality and testing process issues
As the Quality Engineer you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous experience of working within a Quality function, including carrying out FMEAs and 8D
- Good communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal
- Experience in solving problems & driving improvements utilising data
- High level of dexterity & attention to detail; good eyesight and able to discern colour
- Experience of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Skilled in the use of the full range of Quality Improvement tools
- Good Leadership/People Management skills
- Flexible approach to working requirements including supporting the rest of the team and covering absences.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Work with other sites and the Central Teams when required on any required issues and projects
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6072
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk