Quality Control Operative who has a high attention to detail and works to a high level of accuracy with a methodical approach to your work is required for a well-established company based in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England.
FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
LOCATION: Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week. 8 Hour Shifts covering 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm and 10pm – 6am, Rolling Weekly.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Quality Control Operative who has a high attention to detail and works to a high level of accuracy with a methodical approach to your work.
Working as the Quality Control Operative you will be responsible for undertaking material testing in a lab and data entry for inbound raw materials, quality checking of ‘in process’ production materials, for the processed aggregate leaving the site, and providing feedback to the Senior Shift Supervisor.
As the Quality Control Operative you will also carry out regular sampling of the aggregate from the production line and storage bays and testing to determine compliance to company product specification.
The role also includes the management of all deliveries, collections and all traffic movements on the site ensuring that all associated paperwork is accurately and diligently recorded.
In addition to these Quality Control activities, general site operative cover/inclusion is required as part of the team to assist with shift tasks, especially during evenings and nights when there is less lab work required. (This is a hands-on and sometimes physically demanding role).
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Quality Control Operative include:
- Receiving of raw materials, testing of these, and providing feedback to ensure production plans are met whilst ensuring quality product
- Take responsibility for the accurate testing and data entry of incoming materials and of processed aggregate
- Assist the Shift Team with vehicle management, administration, record keeping and documentation for the efficient running of the plant and the teams
- Identify the customer account and material (delivered or collected) and ensure that the correct vehicle registration, customer, product, haulier, source/destination, and order number is recorded
- Be aware and control all vehicle movements on site including raw material deliveries, processed aggregate loading/collection and various suppliers ensuring waiting time is minimised
- Produce delivery and collection tickets for all aggregate loads being delivered or collected from the site, spot checking trucks and notifying if vehicles are overweight
- Ensure the laboratory is clean and tidy, supplies are maintained, and equipment is calibrated
- Ensure all admin relating to the site process is completed in a timely manner and entered extremely accurately onto the appropriate computer systems and producing management reports
- Be aware of personal responsibilities towards Health and Safety, use of PPE and reporting accidents, incidents and near misses
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures including Health and Safety and environment
- Take responsibility for the image of the QA Lab and site areas ensuring they are always clean and tidy
- Promote a positive, friendly and professional image of the business
- Assist the shift teams with general site duties, including plant operation (SCADA), FLT and cleaning
- Highly computer literate with a high level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Accurate, diligent, and strong organisational skills with the ability to offer suggestions and improvements within a growing business
- Methodical and an eye for attention to detail and pride in accuracy
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound judgement skills with a rational and flexible approach to work and working hours to ensure the smooth operation of the site
- High importance to providing the best customer service, both internally and externally, alongside attention to detail in a demanding environment
- Able to demonstrate a good and positive attitude towards health and safety
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn new skills
- Experience within an aggregates, concrete or waste environment
- Have previous experience with material testing and/or a laboratory environment
- Knowledge of waste or environmental legislation
- Ability to offer ideas and thoughts for discussion to promote the development of the business
- Trained in health and safety and/or First Aider
- Forklift/telehandler/loading shovel certificate
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8671
Full-Time, Permanent Manufacturing Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk