QA Manager with a Food Safety / HACCP Qualification and previous experience in a similar quality assurance role is required for a well-established and leading fresh produce company based in Faversham, Kent.
SALARY: £29,969 - £40,547 per annum
LOCATION: Faversham, Kent
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of the job and working environment, it’s an occupational requirement that the successful applicant:
- Is not allergic to fruit
- Is able to taste fruit
- Is not colour blind
- Is willing and able to travel within the UK
- Holds full EU driving licence
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a QA Manager with a Food Safety / HACCP Qualification and previous experience in a similar quality assurance role.
Working as a QA Manager you will be required to assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met, through proactive team engagement and management of the quality assurance function, involving demonstration of high levels of expertise in customer facing, monitoring of product intake and quality.
As a QA Manager you will influence the operations team to provide effective quality assurance management and monitoring processes, to assist the company manager in ensuring all produce despatched meets individual customer specifications and overall quality and compliance requirements. Due to the nature of the business regular provision of the support to technical and commercial departments will be essential.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as QA Manager will involve:
- Ensure sufficient and effective monitoring systems are in place so that all products packaged and despatched meet customer specifications
- Prepare samples for customers and internal benchmarking
- Effective management of the quality assurance and function enabling team KPI’s to be met. Regular individual (121) and team meetings to drive forward efficiencies and better ways of working. Provide effective training and induction to all staff and workers
- Ensure effective and regular communication with supervisors / managers across all departments on matters concerning the quality of the product intake, growing and harvest operations, technical processes, campsite, and HR procedures
- To be a regular visitor to the fields – the role requires a full understanding of crop production and challenges
- Design and implement appropriate procedures, processes, scheduled monitoring and auditing activities to ensure the company’s compliance system is market leading
- Creating training matrix, hazard reviews, risk assessments through the compliance of BRC standards
- Research and complete relevant customer quality trackers using concise accurate information. Lead on announced and unannounced customer visits and audits
- Prepare for long-term audits, visit customers regularly, and provide samples when required
- Ensure compliance to all Company and Statutory Rules, Policies and Procedures as well as to customers’ standards and specifications
- Regularly monitor and review micro and pesticide samples in liaison with technical department
- Provide support in management and control of accuracy of labels in terms of correct information, product, and accurate quantities
- Provide support in ensuring that all cleaning materials and equipment for the company are ordered in compliance with appropriate hygiene standards in line with annual budget commitments
- Maintain or improve current internal and third party audit grades
- Customer trackers completed in time, accurately and in full
- Food Safety / HACCP Qualification or equivalent Food related degree
- Understanding of specifications/quality requirements
- People Management and customer interaction experience
- Knowledge and practical use & implementation of TPPS/BRC
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload to deliver tight deadlines
- Effective problem solver - passionate about getting to the root cause
- Effective at implementing solutions and driving continuous improvement
- High Attention to detail and systematically methodical
- Ability to lead by example an uphold standards
- Effective communicator with ability to change style to suit audience
- Ability to design and implement effective systems and procedures
- Demonstrates high drive/energy with proven ability to develop teams.
- Has some relevant Fresh Produce experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7486
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Faversham, Kent. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk