CIPS qualified Purchasing Manager with good commercial awareness, strong negotiating and influencing abilities, and proven leadership and people management skills is required for a well-established Company based in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: circa. £60,000 per annum plus Car + Generous Benefits (Pension, Private Outpatients Scheme and 25 Days Holiday Plus Statutory Entitlement)
LOCATION: Leyland, Lancashire, North West England – some UK and overseas travel
TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENTS: A relevant degree and CIPS qualification is essential.
Candidates must have a full Driving Licence and Passport and be prepared to work away / abroad.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Purchasing Manager with good commercial awareness, strong negotiating and influencing abilities, and proven leadership and people management skills.
Working as the Purchasing Manager you will report to the Purchasing Director and will manage and co-ordinate a team of professional Commodity Managers and global suppliers.
As the Purchasing Manager you will be able to develop strategic goals, implement structured plans for deployment and see them through to a successful conclusion.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Purchasing Manager will include:
- Manage and co-ordinate of a team of professional Commodity Managers and global suppliers
- Develop and implement commodity strategies to enhance the business and reduce overall costs
- Manage an array of complex commodities, thoroughly understanding the impact of the global market on these commodities
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with global suppliers
- Achieve and report on Company targets around cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement
- Work with suppliers to implement the Cost Management Programme and ensure Six Sigma projects are defined and implemented
- Manage a complex and varied workload, ensuring attention is maintained on key actions
- Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- CIPS qualification is essential
- Six Sigma Black Belt qualification is desirable
- Excellent people management skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels and develop team capabilities
- Proven leadership abilities, able to deal with multiple scenarios in a timely manner
- Able to develop strategic goals, implement structured plans for deployment, and see them through to a successful conclusion
- Very strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Must be a good communicator with a flexible, self - managing approach to workload and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Confident presenter at senior management level
- Driving License & Passport and be prepared to work away/abroad
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5143
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk