Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Payable Finance Assistant that works to a high level of accuracy and has excellent administrative, communication and organisational skills is required for a well-established Company based in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: Negotiable + Generous Benefits (See below for Company Benefits)
LOCATION: St Albans, Hertfordshire
2 JOBS AVAILABLE
- 1 x Full-Time, Permanent
- 1 x Fixed-Term, 6 Month Contract
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Payable Finance Assistant that works to a high level of accuracy and has excellent administrative, communication and organisational skills.
Working as the Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Payable Finance Assistant you will ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Accounts Payable process, work cross functionally as part of a larger Finance Team and provide a proactive service to both internal and external customers.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Payable Finance Assistant you process multi-currency invoices, credit card information, prepare BACS payment runs, manage ad-hoc payments, posting journals and assist in project work.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career and professional development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Payable Finance Assistant include:
- Code and enter Purchase Ledger invoices and Credit Notes
- Process multi-currency invoices including USD and Euro
- Manage processing of credit card information, ensuring receipts and coding are aligned
- Liaise with Budget Holders in respect of coding issues
- Deal with various budget holders to ensure timely invoice authorisation, processing and payment
- Prepare weekly supplier BACS payment runs
- Effectively Interact with suppliers, deal with queries etc.
- Reconcile supplier statements with ledger accounts
- Code and enter expenses ensuring company policy is adhered to
- Raise ad-hoc payments as required
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with any ad hoc projects
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- AAT qualification or degree level education would be beneficial
- Previous Accounts Payable experience
- Languages beneficial, but not essential (French, German, Spanish)
- PC literate, strong Excel skills & experience of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of JDE E1 or a similar accounting system
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy
- Fast, accurate data input skills
- Organised approach to work, demonstrating effective time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues/franchisees/customers/store managers
- Will go the extra mile to help fulfil customers’ needs with a ‘can do’ and ‘will do’ attitude
- Take full ownership of the role
- Professional approach, providing a positive influence to other members of the team
- Demonstrates initiative and proactive problem solving skills with tenacious approach to resolving queries
- Ability to develop and contribute to process and systems improvements
- Ability to react to changing work volumes
The Company truly believe in rewarding hard work either through their amazing recognition culture and truly understanding the power of saying “Thank You” and “Great job” to a total reward package including:
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with company contribution
- 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service
- International career opportunities
- Pick ‘n’ Mix Benefits to convert into your very own benefits plan unique to you with options including gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
That’s not to mention the sociable side of things from charity and family events and of course the Christmas party! The Company doesn’t need an excuse to have fun, evident from the moment you walk into their office.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4609
Full-Time, Permanent and Fixed-Term Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk