Dog Training / Puppy Socialising Trainer who has strong and clear teaching and instructing skills, excellent organisation and communication skills and knowledge of basic theory of practical dog training, is required for a small but fast-growing Charity that is a world-leader in its specialist field, based in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: £17,500 - £20,000 per annum
LOCATION: Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire - with travel to puppy socialisers in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire (possible travel outside these areas from time to time)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 12 Month Maternity Cover Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: Occasional evening and weekend working will be required
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full UK driving licence and must be willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Dog Training / Puppy Socialising Trainer who has strong and clear teaching and instructing skills, excellent organisation and communication skills and knowledge of basic theory of practical dog training.
The charity provides life-saving alert assistance dogs to people with complex health problems across the UK. The welfare of their dogs is of utmost importance and they have a no kennel policy. All of the dogs live in the homes of volunteer puppy socialisers for about the first 18 months. The charity is committed to providing quality training and support for all of their dogs, and the volunteers who look after them.
Working as the Dog Training / Puppy Socialising Trainer you will join a team of trainers responsible for organising and monitoring the progress of the organisation’s puppies and young dogs to ensure they receive the highest standard of socialisation and early training.
As the Dog Training / Puppy Socialising Trainer you will take responsibility for a cohort of puppies allocated to socialisers living in your geographical area. You will deliver effective puppy training classes for the puppies and socialisers, regularly assessing progress of the puppies and providing detailed, evidenced feedback to the Puppy Training Coordinator.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
The company reserves the right to close the advert early.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Dog Training / Puppy Socialising Trainer will include:
- Assist with the assessment of puppies as potential matches and help provide any client specific training needed prior to the match
- Be the first point of contact for the socialisers in your area, including providing general health care advice and dealing with any dog emergencies that arise out of your core hours
- Provide guidance and instruction to socialisers on handling, behaviour and training of the dogs in their care, including one-to-one training and regular home visits
- Assist in the recruitment of new volunteer socialisers
- Carry out home visits to assess prospective new socialisers
- Update the CRM database to ensure accurate and up to date training, veterinary and health records
- From time to time you may be required to have a dog live with you for additional training for a set period
- Ability to demonstrate high quality judgement and a proven track record in relation to the following:
- Dog training matters including the analysis of temperaments, appropriate training methods and requirements necessary to maintain public confidence in assistance dogs
- Solutions to training and behavioural problems
- Socialiser training including the ability to assess each person’s preferred learning style and adapt as appropriate your training approach, the specific programmes to be followed
- Welfare and safety and appropriate time for referral to others
- Appropriate support to apprentices
- Dealings with other staff, clients and members of the public
- Strong and clear teaching and instructing skills
- Ability to plan work, be organised and ensure that time is utilised effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a wide range of people internally and externally
- High level of IT literacy and report writing skills including experience of using Microsoft based programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Power Point
- Practical knowledge in the following areas:
- AD(UK) and ADI regulations
- Basic theory of practical dog training
- Law in relation to dogs
- Knowledge of medical conditions relevant to puppies between 8 weeks and 2 years of age
- Dog and human psychology
- Health and safety implications of dog and socialiser handling
Candidates will require a full UK driving licence and must be willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV with Covering Letter stating how your experience meets our requirements to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6545
Full-Time, Contract, Maternity Cover Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk