Publishing Production Coordinator / Controller who has excellent organisational, problem-solving, time-management and administrative skills with publishing experience is required for a well-established Publisher based in Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: Negotiable + Benefit
LOCATION: Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: 12 Months Full-Time, Maternity Cover Contract
The company offer flexi hours and opportunities to split your working week between the home and the office.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Publishing Production Coordinator / Controller who has excellent organisational, problem-solving, time-management and administrative skills with publishing experience.
Working as the Publishing Production Coordinator / Controller your job will involve the fulfilment of titles from receipt of files to delivery, working directly with suppliers in the Far East, coordinating schedules, managing specific customer and co-edition print runs and negotiating prices.
As the Publishing Production Coordinator / Controller it is essential that you will have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both in-house departments and external suppliers.
Your key responsibilities as the Publishing Production Coordinator / Controller will include:
- Project manage your print production projects from the start of the creative process to shipping
- Progress chase all files, plotters, approvals and advances from publishing, printers and the studio, to check all files prior to press to ensure that they are quality checked and meet quality standards
- Working towards agreed speed, service and quality targets
- Negotiate schedules with print suppliers, component suppliers, studio artworkers and customers to ensure you still meet the expected delivery dates
- Troubleshoot where necessary on schedule delays or file problems until they are successfully resolved
- Ensure the database is continually updated with the correct key milestone dates paying particular attention to the completion dates
- Negotiate print and additional marketing costs with the printer
- Ensure you are complying with the safety standards and managing suppliers to ensure they meet those safety standards and test products where appropriate
- Work with suppliers to ensure quality standards are met without jeopardising the schedule
- Manage workflows and identify ways to continually improve processes
- Ensure your final product meets the company’s quality and standards
- Work as an enthusiastic and cooperative team player with colleagues
- Communicate effectively to provide first-rate customer service for internal and external contacts
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills as well as a can-do attitude
- Project/Category Management experience over several projects
- Experience in solution finding / troubleshooting
- Attention to detail whilst still managing multiple projects
- Product awareness and looking out for quality issues
- Excellent in MS Office – Excel; analysis of data, Outlook; managing emails, tasks and reminders
- Safety testing experience beneficial but not essential
In return the company offer:
- The chance to be part of a growing, successful business
- The opportunity to fast-track your publishing skills
- A beautiful place to work, with friendly people who all love books, too
This position is for a fixed term contract at the Sywell office in Northamptonshire. The successful applicant will benefit from 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) per annum, excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
The company is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in their workforce and they actively encourage applicants from these groups.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6372
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands . Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk