Project & Programme Management Officer / PMO with previous PMO knowledge and experience, excellent organisational skills and the confidence to work alongside senior management and project leads, is required for the Corporate Programme Management Office within Liverpool City Council.
Successful candidates will join Liverpool County Council on a fixed term 2 year contract to provide additional capacity to assure progress with the Council’s Improvement Plan and other key projects.
SALARY: £33,782 - £38,890 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Liverpool, Merseyside, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a PMO / Project & Programme Management Officer with previous PMO knowledge and experience, excellent organisational skills and the confidence to work alongside senior management and project leads.
Successful candidates will join Liverpool County Council on a fixed term 2-year contract to provide additional capacity to help deliver the Council’s Adult Social Care Transformation Programme and associated key projects.
The PMO / Project & Programme Management Officer will have responsibility for the successful delivery of a number of programmes and projects, for the full lifecycle from initiation to closure. You will use recognised methodology to ensure programmes and projects are delivered on time, scope and budget and are supported by a robust governance structure.
Adult Social Care is embarking on an ambitious transformation programme over the next two years, with the ambition of improving outcomes, maximising independence, and improving quality of life for Service Users and carers in Liverpool. The programme is made up of a number of complex system wide projects with the NHS, partner agencies, external providers as well as key internal partners, that need to be delivered at pace and we are now looking for the right candidates to support delivery of the programme.
Ambitious cities need talented people and as the PMO / Project & Programme Management Officer you will need to be hardworking, driven and keen to develop.
You can expect a rewarding career in a fast paced and supportive environment. We offer generous annual leave, an excellent pension scheme, flexible working hours and agile working.
Your duties as the PMO / Project & Programme Management Officer will include:
- Manage several complex programmes and projects to help deliver the corporate strategy in line with the Adult Social Care Transformation Plan
- Ensure programmes and projects are delivered to time, scope and budget
- Write and agree Blueprints and Business Cases identifying the benefits of change
- Define and agree programme and project scope, objectives, critical success factors, deliverables, milestones and governance
- Prepare high level/detailed plans covering programme/constituent project activities and keep these up-to-date throughout the programme/project lifecycle
- Estimate staff resources and skills required for delivery of constituent projects and organise the allocation of the appropriate resources at the correct point within the project timeline
- Complete regular highlight reports to feed into corporate reporting
- Capture and develop quantified information relating to risks and issues potentially affecting a programme or project
- Manage and control programme and project budgets
- Conduct regular programme/project reviews
- Manage and influence complex arrays of programme and project stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external
- Use knowledge of the Local Government sector and governance to appreciate how programme and project objectives relate to the sector-wide environment
- Degree, formal qualification or relevant experience in a relevant discipline
- A recognised project or programme management qualification and/or a track record of successful application of such management systems to real projects and programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly summarise or synthesise complex or lengthy documentation
- Ability to set objectives, plan and manage the use of time and resources and work within tight deadlines and budgets
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Liverpool City Council is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that the decision to appoint should be based upon whether an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and abilities make them the most suitable candidate for the role.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C7516
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Liverpool City Council