Contracts Manager / Project Manager with a background in the construction industry, ability to manage projects from start to finish and experience of managing and motivating people, is required for a well-established company based in Milton Keynes.
This is a field-based Project Management role and you will be expected to be frequently visiting customer sites south of Milton Keynes, sometimes at short notice, and also to stay overnight on occasions. The company’s reporting office is in St Albans.
The company has 2 Project Manager vacancies; one running demarcation projects and one running entrance control projects.
SALARY: Competitive + Company Car + Excellent Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Field-based role visiting customer sites South of Milton Keynes. The ideal candidate must reside in an area that is commutable to this location.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
Please note: Candidates must have a Full Driving Licence
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Contracts Manager / Project Manager with a background in the construction industry, ability to manage projects from start to finish and experience of managing and motivating people.
As the Contracts Manager / Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the installation of security fencing / perimeter protection projects for the company’s customers from start to finish.
Working as the Contracts Manager / Project Manager you will ensure the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget, and within scope. This includes overseeing all aspects of projects including; setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress and preparing reports for upper management regarding the status of projects.
There is also people management responsibility including managing and motivating teams, investigations, absence meetings and recruitment.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Contracts Manager / Project Manager will include:
- Ensure teams are effectively deployed and workflow of materials/labour is maintained to achieve optimum efficiencies
- Ensure quality of service and delivery is OTIF and any potential delays or deviations from agreements are effectively communicated with Regional Installation Manager, with knowledge and involvement of key stakeholders
- Continuously monitor, review and plan most cost-effective execution of team of labour, deployment thereof, tools and ancillary equipment within stringent budgetary confines
- Effective installation management and movement of labour – ensuring timelines are managed and any delays effectively communicated upwards to ensure any claims through contractual rebates are known in a timely manner
- Schedule labour in conjunction with project coordinators to plan and implement training requirements for teams. Including holiday, absence management etc
- People management including absence, performance, conduct, and recruitment of Lead Installers and Installers
- Construction industry experience
- Experience of managing and motivating people
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Excellent time management and prioritising capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a strong understanding of health and safety
- Contractual and commercial awareness
- Project Management qualification
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- 33 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Company Car or £4,500 per annum car allowance
- Fuel card
- Free Onsite Parking
- Employee Assistance Program And Healthy Living App
- Life Assurance
- Parental Support
- Wellbeing Hubs in some office locations
- £500 Employee Referral Scheme
- Specsavers Eye Care Vouchers
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6553
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk