Project Manager who has experience in formulating and writing project scope proposals with good supervisory, leadership and management experience, preferably gained within a financial services / compliance framework environment is required by a well-established Company located in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, North East England.
SALARY: Competitive + Generous Benefits (25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Discretionary Bonus Scheme, Pension Plan, Life Assurance Cover, Flexible Benefits Scheme (Supporting you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle), Discounts and Savings from Retailers and Service Providers, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan)
LOCATION: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, North East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Project Manager who has experience in formulating and writing project scope proposals with good supervisory, leadership and management experience, preferably gained within a financial services / compliance framework environment.
Working as the Project Manager you will be involved in a wide range of pension administration, management and consultancy tasks. Previous pension administration experience desirable, although not essential.
As the Project Manager, you will also have prime accountability for the service delivery in terms of quality, profit and sustainability for an assigned client portfolio as well as the day-to-day line management of the designated team.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Project Manager will include:
- Assist or where appropriate lead the provision of pensions project services for the assigned client portfolio
- Oversee day-to-day management of client relationships with trustees and corporate clients, and participation in trustee and client meetings where applicable. Taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of assigned project portfolio to ensure client confidence, credibility and trust. Reacting to clients’ needs in a positive manner, but maintaining the commercial interests of the business
- Active participation in the Company’s marketing initiatives, new business activities, attending new business pitches and company events. Seeking opportunities to generate additional income from existing project portfolio
- Provide expert project solutions; keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry
- Ensuring projects are fully scoped, costed, monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements
- Involvement in the scrutinising of client work of other less experienced pensions administration team members
- Take responsibility for all aspects of project billing; ensuring all recorded project time is billed or accrued by the monthly deadline, all chargeable work is correctly recorded on the time recording system and billed as soon as possible, and all bills are issued and payment received on time
- Disseminate information to team members on project delivery objectives and targets for assigned projects. Presenting of technical matters at team meetings.
- Lead non-client activities, conducting internal audits, being alert to potential improvements in pensions administration processes, quality improvement and implementing changes, ensuring Governance tracking measures are updated promptly
- Assume responsibility for total project delivery management for the designated team, including workload allocation, prioritisation and ensuring delivery in line with client expectations and legal timescales. Hold regular workflow meetings with senior team members to manage progress and resolve any issues
- Identify team objectives or other necessary changes in line with business needs, and actively implements appropriate course of action
- Positively contribute to regular management meetings implementing any recommendations or decisions made in terms of working practices, resourcing, efficiencies and dissemination of communications to more junior staff
- Formal staff management responsibilities including areas such as; conducting appraisals, setting individual and team objectives, handling HR, performance management issues, and recruitment related activities as and where required
- Formal responsibilities for mentoring, training, coaching and developing of pensions project team members, ensuring adherence to company policies and working procedures
- Pensions knowledge and experience is advantageous but not essential
- Proven experience in formulating and writing project scope proposals, preparing and delivering to clients and subsequent client negotiations
- Experience of operating within and contributing to a compliant framework, and a strong understanding of quality standards
- Previous line management experience is required, including appraisal process, HR issue management, performance management and recruitment related activities
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- You will ideally have PRINCE 2 or an equivalent qualification in project management
- Proven leadership proficiency - both mentoring and motivating
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to inspire, motivate, lead and manage adverse team of professionals from trainee to senior consultant levels
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Being a good and enthusiastic team player
- A high degree of organisation with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- A strong results oriented commercial and professional focus
- Confidence in dealing at a senior level and have a creative and forward-thinking approach
- An ability to recognise the need for a customer focused approach to their service delivery both in terms of quality and exceeding customer expectations
- Well-developed project management skills and the ability to see projects/tasks from concept through to completion within given timescales
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5004
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, North East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk