Project Manager who has excellent project delivery, management and leadership skills with a good understanding of project management processes, practices and tools is required for a well-established company based in Chorley, Lancashire, North West England.
This role will focus on delivering business outcomes and change. Any experience working on projects with a significant IT element would be beneficial.
SALARY: Negotiable Depending on Experience
LOCATION: Chorley, Lancashire, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity within the company’s Projects Team for an Project Manager who has excellent project delivery, management and leadership skills with a good understanding of project management processes, practices and tools.
As the Project Manager you will have excellent problem-solving skills, have an eye for detail, be naturally inquisitive and analytical and be a good communicator. You will be able to apply common sense to a situation, recognising when formal project manager processes should apply and adapting them to suit the needs of the project or initiative you are involved with. You should be able to work effectively with staff at all levels of an organisation and be able to bring various teams across the business to work together collaboratively. You will enjoy a role where no two days are the same and be willing to work on a wide variety of projects and initiatives as the business requires. You will a good facilitator and able to run productive workshops and meetings. Where necessary, you will be comfortable to take the lead and make effective decisions that ensure your deliverables meet the needs of the organisation.
Working as the Project Manager you will provide project management services and lead a range of project and initiatives, ensuring they have established intended business benefits, which are achieved by the project deliverables and outcomes. You will also:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business; helping in the pursuit of continuous improvement in optimising business process and delivering business value from technology
- Support the business with continuous improvement helping to develop processes and procedures where relevant, as well as business analysis and provide the role of a critical friend
- Support the Head of Projects in evolving the project management framework and the expanding the reach of the Project Team across the business
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Project Manager will include:
- Follow the Project Management Framework as relevant to the project or initiative, to ensure successful delivery of projects to time, cost and quality, effectively managing change and scope creep within the project environment along with the production of high quality documentation
- Support the business in the development of business cases, including cost benefit analysis
- Effectively plan, manage and control projects and initiatives
- Ensure effective stakeholder management, communication and engagement as well as appropriate project reporting
- Undertake effective risk management and mitigation
- Complete assessment of as is and to be, identifying the issues and opportunities, and producing business requirements and process mapping documentation
- Liaise with technical teams and the business to ensure the development of solutions deliver the agreed business benefits
- For projects with significant IT elements, liaison with colleagues in IT to ensure that scoping and solutions development, testing and deployment, as well as roll out and roll back plans are in place and documented
- Working with the Compliance Officer to ensure that project outputs meet the relevant standards and regulations, including but not limited to GDPR, ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- Establish and implement appropriate project governance, ensuring effective decision making
- Work with the Head of Projects to review and consider various project management methodologies, adapting them as appropriate and working towards shaping the organisational culture in relation to project management
- Review and assess business issues, working with the business to develop and implement
- Experience of project delivery as a member of a project team of a project of size and complexity that spanned over several months and across multiple departments or organisations
- Understanding of project management processes, practices and tools
- Experience of managing people or leading people to deliver activities
- Experience of budget / cost management and reporting
- Experience of undertaking a detail review of a process or other aspects of a business to identify the “as is”, issues and opportunities for improvement and define the “to be”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing
- Good working knowledge of key MS Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of planning, managing and delivering workshops / meetings
- Project Management Qualification e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, PMI
- Experience of projects with significant IT related deliverables
- Delivery of a project using the Waterfall, Iterative or Agile methodologies
- Experience of managing a project budget
- Formal documentation of business analysis findings
- Experience of using MS Project (or similar project management software) and MS Vision
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6091
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Chorley, Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk