Project Leader who will support the development of the Local Skills Improvement Plan and manage an exciting new programme to transform the skills landscape of Lancashire is required for a Company based in Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £40,000-£45,000 pro rata + Benefits
BENEFITS: Pension Contributions, Health plan and 28 days holiday (inc. public holidays) Pro-Rata
LOCATION: You will be based in the Blackpool office but the role will involve regular travel to offices in Preston and Accrington as well to external locations
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Contract (6-month fixed term contract which may be extended)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Project Leader to support the development of the Local Skills Improvement Plan and help to run the research project from inception and design, through to data delivery and reporting.
As the Project Leader you’ll take a key project management role, ensuring the research is delivered to time and budget, and clients, partners, stakeholders and research partners are kept up-to-date.
Working as the Project Leader you will take a proactive approach to expanding your methodological and policy knowledge - keeping it up-to-date and sharing this expertise through survey design and profile-raising activities.
The role will initially be offered on a 6-month fixed term contract which may be extended. The opportunity to extend & develop your career further with the Company may arise dependant on the success of the project and your contribution to it.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Project Leader will include:
- Helping to run the research project from inception and design, through to data delivery and reporting.
- Experience in managing quantitative and qualitative research
- Ensuring the research is delivered to time and budget, and clients, partners, stakeholders and research partners are kept up-to-date
- Proactive approach to expanding your methodological and policy knowledge - keeping it up-to-date, and sharing this expertise through survey design and profile-raising activities
- Effective communication with clients and stakeholders
- Effectively managing relationships with suppliers and with internal operations colleagues to ensure the objectives of the research are met and on budget
- Making suggestions for more efficient or effective approaches
- Carrying out development work, such as piloting draft questionnaires and research materials
- Drafting questionnaires that meet clients’ and stakeholders’ objectives, and ensuring questionnaire scripts are error free
- Drafting fieldwork materials such as invitation letters and interviewer instructions
- Checking data files and using SPSS, Excel and/or other tools to manipulate data
- Quality assuring reports and documentation
- Monitoring a project’s financial progress, identifying problems and suggesting solutions
- Monitoring the progress of fieldwork (across a range of modes: face-to-face; online, postal and telephone) and identifying any problems at an early stage
- Conduct qualitative research such as in-depth interviews
- Providing guidance, support and coaching to junior team members
- Contributing to business development and proposals through administrative tasks and drafting of technical and commercial sub-sections
- Provide input into weekly/monthly reports for management, stakeholder meetings and the Project Board
- Strong education research and project management skills
- Interest in the skills issues affecting the business community
- Interest in designing and managing large-scale quantitative research projects
- Excellent attention to detail, organised, and solutions-focused
- Time management skills, working across multiple projects, prioritising tasks efficiently
- Be logical, with the ability to understand and synthesise data from a variety of sources
- Excellent verbal communication skills, client handling and supplier negotiation skills
- Strong writing skills and experience of preparing written reports and presentations, with a high level of accurate use of English, including the ability to write in a variety of styles
- Proven ability to work well in teams
- Ability to drive and hold a full UK driving licence
- Experience in a similar research role, preferably in an education and research environment
- The ability to translate complex ideas into compelling storytelling
- In-depth knowledge of the Lancashire Business Environment alongside consummate networking skills and the ability to build rapport and engage businesses would be beneficial
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for what successful training delivery within business looks like would be an asset
- Competent and professional client relationship management experience as high levels of engagement with SME’s is required throughout this fixed term contract
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6954
Full Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk