Project Engineer / Engineering Programme Manager who has a good engineering technical background with excellent management, team leadership, reporting and planning skills is required for a well-established International Company based in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester.
SALARY: Excellent Salary and Benefits Package
LOCATION: Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Project Engineer / Engineering Programme Manager who has a good engineering technical background with excellent management, team leadership, reporting and planning skills.
Working as the Project Engineer / Engineering Programme Manager you will deliver large and complex engineering development projects. You will be involved from concept definition to project completion, including deployment. Project teams will include multiple disciplines (e.g. electrical, mechanical, software, and other specialties). Coordination with various internal and external departments, vendors and subcontractors is required.
As the Project Engineer / Engineering Programme Manager, you will use best practices in project management to plan, execute, track, and report on projects. Establishing best practice for all engineering projects and act as subject matter expert and a mentor for others. You will also be required to support site infrastructure, facilities, maintenance and compliance.
A technical background is required in order to effectively communicate with the team, assess progress, and understand technical decisions and how they affect the project. Regular reports and status are presented to management, including performance to budget, schedule, and the metrics used to measure that performance.
The company is committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company with fantastic career opportunities that offer a unique and exciting challenge, then please apply today.
As a successful candidate you will have an excellent opportunity to join the world’s largest commercial security printers and work with an established team of professionals.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Project Engineer / Engineering Programme Manage, you will be assigned to manage multiple projects simultaneously and advise other project managers.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Carry out engineering development of existing machines and systems Project engineering
- Control and co-ordinate projects
- Provide technical assistance to Production personnel
- Provide engineering advice across the site and support Maintenance Engineers when required
- Support site infrastructure, facilities, maintenance and compliance when required
- Take ownership and proactively manage the activities required to implement large and/or complex projects all the way through product deployment
- Ensure the projects are completed in accordance with the agreed upon deliverables, time and budget
- Have a detailed knowledge of the project and the solution to be implemented, and to be the main point of contact on all project issues
- Finalise project requirements and to manage sub-contractors and suppliers
- Procure project equipment as defined in the project budget and to maintain cost control reports to provide visibility of project expenditure
- Ensure that the projects are delivered within the cost estimated and that all activities over and above the project requirements are agreed with and invoiced to the customer where appropriate
- Maintain a project schedule document, project files and other documentation
- Maintain a clear change management process
- Work closely and effectively with all relevant managers throughout all phases of project deliveries
- Act as a subject matter expert and advise other project managers in the planning and execution of their projects
- Implement best practices for project management within engineering. Act as process owner, subject matter expert, and mentor for other project managers and team members to ensure best practices are institutionalised within the department
- HND in Engineering (degree level) or equivalent; time served
- Competent in all Engineering disciplines
- Can write the specification, design the equipment and prepare drawings using Auto-cad LT
- Ability to liaise with suppliers and provide all the necessary technical information that they require to satisfy the requirements
- To have the “hands on” skills to be able to carry out assembly, installation and commissioning
- To be able to train Maintenance Engineers to maintain and production personnel to operate the equipment
- Highly organised and possess excellent and proven project management skills, including knowledge and experience with best practices for planning, executing / tracking, deployment and completion/closeout of complex technology development projects involving large electromechanical systems (hardware and software)
- A technical background is required in order to quickly grasp technical concepts, effectively communicate with the team, assess progress, and understand technical decisions and how they affect the project. Experience with multi-discipline (hardware and software) engineering and a formal test activity is required
- Experience must include financial responsibility for large projects. You must be experienced at planning and tracking a project from a financial perspective and not just a milestone completion perspective. (Establishing and executing a spend plan, cash flow plan and payment milestones, etc.)
- You must have experience working with other project managers implementing best practices for an organisation or department. Experience within a formal project management process is required
- Proficiency with typical tools such as MS Project, MS Office, and other tools is required for effective communication, presentation and documentation of project information
- Commercial awareness, familiar with legal documents and understand contractual nuances with a proven track record in creating capital expenditure justifications
- An understanding of supply chain management is required to interface with that department, suppliers and subcontractors. Experience tracking and managing a large bill of materials through the development, purchasing and production process is required
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5049
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk