Manufacturing Production Process and Engineering Manager who is a self-starting team player with solid leadership, supervisory, people and communication skills with a comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances, is required to join our team at Penta Precision.
SALARY: Competitive Salary (dependent on experience) + Benefits, including Generous Annual Leave (See Below)
LOCATION: Portsmouth, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 5.00pm, Friday 7.30am – 12.30pm
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Manufacturing Production Process and Engineering Manager who is a self-starting team player with solid leadership, supervisory, people and communication skills with a comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
Working as the Manufacturing Production Process and Engineering Manager you will report to the Manufacturing & Quality Leader and will be accountable for leading and managing the day-to-day production engineering and production process to continually improve production efficiency, on time delivery and ensure consistent “better than the norm” quality outcomes.
As the Manufacturing Production Process and Engineering Manager you will work under your own initiative, leading, managing and being accountable for production you will have the confidence to make decisions using a rationalised, commercially aware thought process in the best interests of the whole Penta’ team.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join a growing, pro-active company investing in its people, premises and equipment.
Penta Precision is a progressive ISO9001 subcontract machining company, manufacturing components for aerospace, medical, electronics and scientific equipment manufacturers. We process prototype, low to medium batch production in aluminium, engineering plastics, stainless and tool steels.
Penta' is a progressive, expanding business looking to invest in people with great values and skills who want to join our journey to become: "The engineering company where everyone wants to work and who everyone wants to buy from."
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Manufacturing Production Process and Engineering Manager will include:
- Accountability for the day-to-day management of the production engineering of product and production process to continually improve manufacturing quality and on time delivery outcomes
- Coordinate with exemplary leadership and team working skills to continually improve the results delivered in customer satisfaction, invoiced sales and gross margins achieved
- Hold quarterly conversations with direct reports
- Performing whichever duties are necessary to cover sick, holiday, peak and over capacity loading requirements throughout the business, including operating machines, production collection & deliveries, inspection and despatch
- Quote accurate lead times
- Continuously improving on time delivery
- Resolve production planning queries promptly
- Coordination of preparation, milling, turning, subcontract work and inspection
- Develop strong subcontract relationships
- Assist in production purchasing
- Collating and reporting the production scorecard metrics
- Chair the weekly Production L10 meeting
- Minimum HNC level qualification in engineering and modern manufacturing management or qualified by experience
- Self-starting team player with solid leadership, supervisory, people and communication skills
- Thrive on living the business having good organisational and prioritising skills in a changing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances
- Extensive experience developing CNC milling, turning & inspection working methods
- You will be analytical, accurate and thorough in all aspects of your work
- Familiarity with an ISO9001:2015 quality environment
- Promoting and having a continuous improvement focus
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with ERP/MRP software packages would be of benefit but not essential
- Competitive Salary
- A progressive, engaging work environment
- Job security, training and career opportunities
- The opportunity for overtime
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays
- Company sickness scheme (qualifying criteria)
- Company auto enrolment pension scheme (qualifying criteria)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
Job Ref: AWDO-P6358
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Penta Precision