Production / Manufacturing Manager with proven leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of production and manufacturing processes and techniques, is required for this well-established Company based in Isleworth, Hounslow, Middlesex.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Isleworth, Hounslow, Middlesex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Production / Manufacturing Manager, with proven leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
Working as the Production / Manufacturing Manager you will report to the Managing Director and will have a number of direct reports; all production staff, production supervisor, section team leaders and purchasing staff.
As the Production / Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and control of all manufacturing processes, ensuring that a wide range of products are manufactured effectively, efficiently and to the required build and quality standards, and delivered on time.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Production / Manufacturing Manager in include:
On a day-to-day basis the Production Manager will:
- Develop and maintain a production schedule, to enable accurate forecasting of:
- Available capacity – delivery capability and lead times for sales
- Resource requirements – recruitment or overtime
- Materials requirements – purchasing
- Lead the production team, allocating tasks to teams to achieve the production schedule
- Lead the maintenance of tools and machinery, and maintain equipment operating procedures
- Ensure adherence to the processes and procedures of the Quality Manual
- Ensure adherence with Health and Safety procedures
- Lead a programme of continuous improvement
- Monitor Manufacturing Metrics and report to the Operational Board
- Monitor and review staff performance, and implement necessary interventions for development
- Continue to further our “Cross Skilling Programme” to ensure a motivated workforce and adequate production cover at all times
- “Managing by Walking About” is key to this role, where critical observation and taking action ahead of any adverse issues is mandatory
On a longer term the Production Manager will:
- Plan and implement manufacturing processes and supporting toolsets required to deliver the production demands of the business
- Plan and implement supply chain management improvement and monitoring mechanisms
- Develop and maintain a plan for equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
The Production Manager will also work to support other teams:
- Work with the Project Management function in the planning and execution of large-scale, long-term programmes
- Support the Sales Team in estimating production costs for quotes and in show-casing the company capabilities to our many visitors and potential new customers
- Support Design Team in ensuring that products are designed for production
- Contributing to product improvement, and new product development activities
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Inspiring and motivating to work for, and to work with
- Excellent and proven leadership skills
- Competent at motivating, managing and developing staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to analyse, plan, and prioritise activities and resources
- Knowledge and experience of production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Track record in continuous improvement
- Agile in responding to emergent requirements, where often “leading from the front” is required
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4961
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Isleworth, Hounslow, Middlesex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk