Product Manager who is ambitious, resourceful and able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the Outdoor Leisure Sector with the ability and a driving passion for designing outstanding products for the great outdoors is required for a well-established, industry leading Company based in Port Glasgow, Scotland.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Port Glasgow, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Product Manager who will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the Outdoor Leisure Sector and preferably have experience of creating exciting outdoor camping product, throughout a period of sustained growth.
As the Product Manager you will have the ability and a driving passion for designing outstanding products with a good understanding of colours and colour trends, with experience of textile design and interior design.
Working as the Product Manager you will ideally have first-hand experience of sourcing in Asia and preferably have an avid interest in Outdoor pursuits, particularly Camping.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Product Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Product development, from inception and design, through to sampling and delivery, adhering to the critical time paths
- Sourcing materials & manufacturers, develop & maintain costing models and manage the development process of the companies brands
- Clear and accurate timelines that meet and provide the crucial link between the Team members and other Key Departments, including the training of the Sales Team
- Delivering range proposals that reflect market trends and customer/consumer needs, across a selected range of the branded Product portfolio
- Supplier visits world-wide; minimum of 2 trips per annum (approx. duration/trip of 10 days) and attendance at European & UK Trade Exhibitions (minimum 2-3 events)
- A good understanding of colours and colour trends, with experience of textile design and interior design
- Strong negotiation skills and a collaborative attitude
- Superior communication skills
- IT skills within MOS applications (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint), Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with Solidworks CAD application is beneficial
- First-hand experience of sourcing in Asia would be beneficial
- An avid interest in Outdoor pursuits, particularly Camping would be beneficial
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6972
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Port Glasgow, Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk