Process Operator / Production Operative that has experience working with highly hazardous liquids within a bulk liquid storage environment such as Fuel / Oil and Gas, Chemicals or Water Treatments is required for a well-established facility based in Essex.
SALARY: up to £32,855, plus non-pensionable cover allowance of £1,180
SHIFT PATTERN: 5 Shift System of 12 Hour Shifts, working on average 40 Hours per Week
If you have experience as a Process Operator / Production Operative in any of the following fields / industries we would like to hear from you:
- Fuels / Oil and Gas Industry
- Chemicals Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Liquids Processing Industry
- Packaging Industry
- Military – in particular RAF or Army fuels experience
- Water Treatment Plant
- Inspection Company
- Bulk Liquid Storage Industry
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Process Operator / Production Operative that has experience working with highly hazardous liquids within a bulk liquid storage environment such as Fuel / Oil and Gas, Chemicals or Water Treatments.
Working as a Process Operator / Production Operative you will be based at a site that is responsible for receiving, handling, storing and exporting up to three million tonnes per annum of road and marine fuels.
As the Process Operator / Production Operative you will have the following skills / attributes:
- Experience in a role which is significantly automated with the use of PLC or computer graphic driven system controls
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of safety & environmental standards and their impact
- Experience working with highly hazardous liquids within a bulk liquid storage environment such as Fuel / Oil and Gas, Chemicals or Water Treatments
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and follow detailed instructions
- Experience in chemical or oil processing and / or storage
Successful candidates will split their time between the control room and working outside in the field
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate control systems and monitor storage tank levels
- Monitor and control terminal operations for the site control room, ensuring all safety and environmental standards are maintained
- Monitor all operational equipment and report any defects
- Maintain site security and safety standards and report any deviations from these standards
- Carry out, as part of a shift based operating team, routine operational activities and checks
- Prepare mechanical equipment for maintenance work
- Carry out routine equipment checks and report faults as required
- Carry out operational and general maintenance tasks as required e.g. pipefitting activities required for “pigging” operations, lubricating valves, tightening connections etc.
- Start / Stop pumps and open/close valves as required for product transfer
- Monitor jetty operations when ship loading / offloading
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4312
Full-Time, Permanent, Shift Work Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Canvey Island, Essex. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
If you’re happy to commute to Canvey Island, Essex we’ll also consider candidates from the following locations: Southend-on-Sea, Basildon, Grays, Chelmsford, Rochford, Wickford, Billericay, Romford, Rayleigh, Great Baddow, Hornchurch and surrounding areas
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk