Continuous Improvement Engineering Lead / Manufacturing Process Engineer who has a good understanding of Lean Manufacturing techniques and good statistical analysis skills is required for a Global Manufacturer / Supplier based in Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester.
SALARY: up to £38,000 per annum (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Engineering Lead / Manufacturing Process Engineer who has a good understanding of Lean Manufacturing techniques and good statistical analysis skills.
The Company is a global supplier of bonding solutions and manufacturer or adhesive based products.
As the Continuous Improvement Engineering Lead / Manufacturing Process Engineer you will co-operate closely with the quality function in the identification and resolution of day-to-day process and quality issues.
Working as the Continuous Improvement Engineering Lead / Manufacturing Process Engineer you will lead continuous improvement activities related to the factory objectives.
Other activities will include:
- Reduce manufacturing waste
- Track and report the performance of the processes against the factory KPI’s
- SMED implementation to reduce changeover times and increase factory flexibility
- Create / optimise work instructions and aid standardisation of working techniques and adoption of best practices & any learnings
- Drive and implement any required like for like raw materials changes as defined by factory objectives
- Aid the NPD Team where applicable in achievement of factory objectives / new product commissioning
- Propose and prove cost savings in line with factory objectives
- Develop new technologies or equipment to be utilised in the existing production lines
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Continuous Improvement Engineering Lead / Manufacturing Process Engineer you will have:
- Understand, lead and drive implementation of modern lean manufacturing techniques on the site
- Understanding of modern manufacturing processes and control systems
- Understand the management of and implementation of continuous improvement systems
- 8D analysis or other corrective action techniques
- Basic understanding of the chemistries utilised within manufacturing facility
- Understand process capability and methodologies to improve
- Use of costing models to demonstrate fiscal savings
- Understanding of project documentation
- Understanding of technologies associated with tape manufacturing
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work and drive projects with limited day to day supervision
- Ability to see and implement incremental improvements without excessive delays / capital expenditure
- Demonstrable track record of process improvement in a similar role
- Attention to detail and ability to report data in a clear / concise manner both verbally and in written documents
- Process lines OEE, inc. output rates c.f. benchmark
- Efficiency improvements re: prior year
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Scientific / Engineering subject
- Previous experience in a similar role in a FMCG environment
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6486
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk