Principal Planning Officer with excellent communication, report writing, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to manage and motivate staff through effective communication is required for a Borough Council based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
SALARY: £34,728 to £38,890 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Flexible working, pension Scheme, free on-site parking, excellent personal and professional development opportunities, opportunities to make a difference
LOCATION: Ripley, Derbyshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Principal Planning Officer with excellent communication, report writing, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to manage and motivate staff through effective communication.
Working as the Principal Planning Officer you will have experience in a similar role with experience processing planning applications, attending planning board meetings, providing professional leadership and manage own caseload.
As the Principal Planning Officer you will have sound knowledge of legislation, policy and practice in respect of development management.
PLEASE NOTE A DRIVING LICENCE IS REQUITED FOR THIS ROLE
Your main duties as the Principal Planning Officer will include:
- Attend Planning Board and public meetings
- Provide professional leadership to the team and ensure high standards of customer service, in particular ensuring that complaints are dealt with in a courteous and timely manner
- ‘Triage’ incoming applications and provide the relevant case officer with some initial guidance
- Be responsible for a self-determined caseload
- Advise and negotiate with applicants and other stakeholders on a range of development proposals
- Research and prepare evidence for planning appeals
- Support the Enforcement Officers, as appropriate, in the successful resolution of breaches of planning control
- An ability to manage and motivate staff through effective communication and excellent time management skills
- An ability to read and interpret plans
- Sound ability to analyse, prepare and present complex issues and reports in a clear and convincing manner
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation and negotiation skills
- An ability to research and prepare evidence for planning appeals
- Electronic service delivery, including use of IT packages
- Resilient and determined when faced with tough decisions
- Self-motivation and effective time management of tasks
- Effective performance management
- Effective engagement with communities and partners
- Sound knowledge of legislation, policy and practice in respect of development management
- A clear understanding of the role of elected members and officers in development management
- Working knowledge of IT applications – IDOX, CAPS Uniform and Microsoft Office
- Experience working in Development Management at a senior level
- Experience of presenting at Committee, Public Hearings, and Public Inquiries, and Public Meetings
- A Degree or Diploma in Town Planning or other relevant discipline
- Full Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Willingness to work outside core working hours, for example, to attend evening meetings
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7490
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ripley, Derbyshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk