Principal Automation Test Consultant / Lead Architect / Testing Team Manager that has a very strong development background with experience defining automation strategies and leading high-performance teams is required for a well-established and successful Global Company based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY: Negotiable Depending on Experience
LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire
** Exceptional Career Development Opportunities **
** Diverse Range of Projects **
** Clear Progression Path **
** Work for a Global, Dynamic, Market Leader **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: You must know how to architect and develop highly scalable, robust and maintainable solutions and lead successful teams and projects. As part of the interview process you will undergo a technical programming/coding assessment during which you will demonstrate best practices
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: All Applicants MUST HAVE full working rights for the UK, be located within the UK right now, or if not be able to be on board within the UK within a 4 week period
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Principal Automation Test Consultant / Lead Architect / Testing Team Manager within the Company’s dedicated Technical Team, where you will consult with a top tier client base, allowing you to build your testing career within their ever-growing UK business.
Working as the Principal Automation Test Consultant / Lead Architect / Testing Team Manager you will develop and deliver high quality test management tool solutions, to the highest level of quality.
As the Automation Test Consultant / Lead Architect / Testing Team Manager you will primarily operate onsite out of the Company’s Reading office, which will also involve assisting in the operational side of the business, with occasional travel where required. This is a technical role and you must have exposure to supporting and maintaining various test management tools, along with the soft skills that the Company expects in their consultants.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established, market leading Company that employs over 1,300 permanent employees globally and are currently experiencing rapid growth. Due to this rapid expansion, they are seeking highly experienced Testers to join their UK teams on a permanent basis. You will be working with the best in the industry and enjoying a variety of employee incentives including award-winning career development programmes.
When joining the Company, you will work with like-minded colleagues who have a passion for testing excellence. With an encouraging and supportive environment, the UK team-orientated culture is helpful, friendly, inclusive and flexible. The Senior Management team has a shared vision and with an open and approachable style, employees have the freedom to bring ideas forward and feel empowered to learn.
The Company operates with a flat-structure feel which enables you to have your contributions heard and acknowledged. They keep up-to-date with the ever-changing IT tools and throughout your career offer you the opportunity to focus on learning new tools through your career with them. In addition, they offer staff parties/activities, unrivalled employee benefits and a results-focussed culture that is inclusive, successful and they do it all with positivity and a smile.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Automation Test Consultant / Lead Architect / Testing Team Manager include:
- Define automation strategies and lead / mentor high-performance teams
- Develop frameworks and process/execute automated tests
- Manage stakeholder expectations, keeping them informed throughout the project
- Document and report progress, risks, issues and defects
- Work across multiple clients delivering PoC and pre-sales work in the UK
- Be a practice lead for test automation with overall responsibility for delivery across all projects
- Be responsible for contracts, negotiations and profitability
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- A proven track record in managing successful teams
- Experience delivering quality test automation solutions with multiple tools such as Selenium, TOSCA, Ranorex, UFT/QTP, RFT, MS Coded UI, etc.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, Circle CI etc.
- Web Service and API testing experience
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices and with Java, C# or similar
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, JBehave
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN and GIT and a good understanding of branching and merging
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Knowledge of business and people management
- Cloud experience - AWS or Azure
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, OpsWorks, Octopus Deploy etc.
- Service Virtualisation / API Stubbing
- Practical SQL and database experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3939
Full-Time, Permanent IT Technical Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Reading, Berkshire.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk