Practice Manager who has practice, office or general management experience with excellent team leadership, administrative and organisational skills is required for a long-established GP Surgery based in Crawley, West Sussex.
Previous GP / Doctors Surgery practice management experience preferred although not essential, providing you have a solid management background. All industry sectors considered.
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
LOCATION: Crawley, West Sussex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Practice Manager who has practice, office or general management experience with excellent team leadership, administrative and organisational skills.
Working as the Practice Manager you will provide strategic leadership for the practice, managing a team of circa 30 team members who deliver high quality GMS services to a growing list of approximately 11,250 patients.
As the Practice Manager you will bring sound business acumen and attention to detail to maximise achievement of financial and quality targets, will be able to use excellent interpersonal skills to manage and motivate the practice team, and engage with the wider health economy and champion continuous quality improvement.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative manager to work with the 5 partners and a welcoming practice team to lead on developing new services and initiatives, enabling them to meet the changing demands of general practice.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Practice Manager your duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of circa 30 team members
- Develop, review and implement the Practice Business Plan
- Monitor and ensure the practice’s compliance with the Care Quality Commission standards
- Liaise closely with and influence the development of the local commissioning group, represent the practice at monthly meetings along with a GP partner
- Monitor practice income and expenditure, including the preparation and maintenance of accounts, control of accounts sent, payment of invoices received, control of petty cash, and preparation of Year End accounts
- Oversee the administration of the salaries of all employed staff
- Ensure compliance with new commissioning arrangements
- Prepare annual cash flow budgets, monitor actual results against predictions, and provide updated forecasts
- Prepare business cases, bids, etc for submission to the CCGs
- Organise and chair a range of practice meetings
- Attend and participate in partner meetings
- Represent the practice at external meetings, seminars, conferences, etc, as required
- Provide coaching and support to department leads and other team managers
- Ensure that a full range of human resources services are provided across the team
- Ensure all staff have legal contracts of employment, job descriptions and all necessary documentation
- Ensure all staff are aware of and trained in practice policies and procedures
- Manage an effective induction and training programme
- Monitor and develop HR policies and procedures
- Must have previous experience of managing and developing teams of people across multi-functional teams
- Previous experience managing a budget and financial reporting
- Experience of auditing systems
- Experience of delivering and developing a service
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Previous experience within a healthcare setting would be highly desirable, although not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5865
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Crawley, West Sussex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk