Public Relations (PR) / Communications / Marketing Campaign Manager with excellent organisational and campaign management skills is required by the National Lottery Promotions Unit (NLPU) located in London.
SALARY: £32,000 - £36,000 pro rata (including London weighting) + Generous Benefits
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Full-Time, 37 Hours per Week
PLEASE NOTE: Closing date for applications is 19th March 2019. Interviews are being held on 1st April 2019
The National Lottery Family is seeking an experienced Public Relations (PR) / Communications / Marketing Campaign Manager to develop and implement creative campaigns, strengthening awareness of National Lottery Good Causes through media engagement and storytelling.
Working as the Public Relations (PR) / Communications / Marketing Campaign Manager you will build the National Lottery brand, developing and managing creative PR campaigns across multiple channels. You will set and deliver against KPIs, informed by a quarterly benchmarking assessment.
As the Public Relations (PR) / Communications / Marketing Campaign Manager, you will draft and sell in news and feature stories to national, consumer, regional and trade press and broadcast media. You will develop and nurture positive relationships with journalists across all media, including national and local newspapers, consumer publications, radio, TV and online. You will secure media partnerships to advance National Lottery influence.
Your responsibilities as the Public Relations (PR) / Communications / Marketing Campaign Manager will also involve advancing the NLPUs external voice through innovation and staying relevant with trends and best practices. You will proactively take advantage of relevant external opportunities.
You will also liaise with National Lottery funded projects and distributors to involve them in campaigns and to identify their life changing stories. You will work closely with the Director and four Heads of Campaigns, supporting them on key campaigns for the NLPU.
You will manage design, branding and PR agencies, celebrities, photographers, film makers, evaluation providers, research companies, content creators and other suppliers to deliver high quality work, within budget and set timescales.
Additionally, a dynamic approach to relationship management will be essential in order to influence stakeholders across the whole National Lottery Family, ensuring an aligned and stronger National Lottery voice.
Each week, the National Lottery changes the lives of ordinary people through the £30 million it raises every week for good causes all across the UK. National Lottery players help build local communities, power sports teams, protect the environment, unleash creative talent, look after the elderly and unlock youthful potential. In addition, support from the National Lottery wins Olympic medals and Oscars but despite this success, public awareness of the range and extent of National Lottery funding to good causes remains low.
The National Lottery Promotions Unit (NLPU) raises positive public awareness of National Lottery funding, thereby contributing to the overall brand health of The National Lottery.
Through a series of campaigns and initiatives, the NLPU brings to life the purpose of the National Lottery and showcases the extraordinary impact Good Causes funding has across the UK. Working through traditional and digital media, it is our aim to make National Lottery players aware of, and thank them for, the thousands of incredible projects across the UK and in their local communities.
The NLPU is a joint venture between Camelot UK Lotteries, Lottery distributors and the Department for Culture, Media & Sport.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience and success in leading, planning, co-ordinating and delivering PR campaigns for a range of audiences in a multi-channel environment
- Established relationships with journalists and media outlets
- Evidence of gaining high quality media coverage through national and local media outlets
- Ability to juggle operational delivery with strategic thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experienced at drafting press releases, media briefings, opinion pieces and key messages
- Strong project management skills
- Strong editorial skills and able to create engaging content
- Highly developed interpersonal and skills, including influencing and negotiation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a diverse and federated structure
- Strong networking skills and ability to build good working relationships both internally and externally
- Attention to detail, advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- A strong ability to think creatively and to encourage others
- A good understanding of modern communications evaluation techniques and experience of commissioning research to inform a PR campaign
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4691
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of the National Lottery Promotions Unit (NLPU), part of The National Lottery Community Fund
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London