Clinical Waste Depot Plant Manager with excellent management and team leadership skills and technical expertise, preferably with a background in Mechanical Engineering, is required for a Global Company based in Sidcup, South East London.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hour per week – Monday to Friday (flexibility is required)
LOCATION: Sidcup, South East London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities Available **
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must hold a Certificate of Technical Competence (CoTC) or be willing to enter an agreement to take the relevant training within 1 year of commencing the post
This is a hands-on management role, ideally suited to an experienced operator, preferably from an allied process plant background with an understanding of waste related legislation.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Clinical Waste Depot Plant Manager with excellent management and team leadership skills and technical expertise, preferably with a background in Mechanical Engineering.
As the Clinical Waste Depot Plant Manager, you will be a key member of the Operations Team, managing the day-to-day plant operations, ensuring optimum levels of performance are achieved and sustained, in accordance with licence obligations and Health and Safety procedures.
Working as the Clinical Waste Depot Plant Manager you will report to the General Site Manager and your role will focus on the effective use of onsite resources and staff – working towards set KPI targets and supporting the logistics team, to ensure quick turnaround and efficiency of operations, whilst promoting a positive team working culture.
As a successful applicant you will have a great opportunity to join this Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Clinical Waste Depot Plant Manager:
- Day-to-Day supervisory management of site personnel including the onsite Team Leaders and Maintenance Technicians
- Overseeing of staff training and associated plant administration
- Scheduling and supervision of external contractors on site
- Organise planned maintenance activities in conjunction with the General Manager and Plant Technicians, Team Leaders and Head of Engineering
- Co-ordination of PPE onsite to all personnel – compiling risk assessments and provision of a prompt/timely out of hours response service in relation to any site issues
- Manage and prioritise operational spending in line with budgets
- General support to the rest of the management team across all aspects of plant and engineering
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven management and team leadership skills
- Good level of technical expertise with the ability and willingness to undertake running repairs
- Significant Engineering experience in a similar environment
- Qualified to NVQ level (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or higher would be an advantage
- Commercial Electrical experience and certificated in 17th edition would be an advantage
- Process Plant experience would be an advantage
- Hold COTC or be willing to enter a training agreement to undertake this training within 1 year of commencing this post
- Good communicator with both team members and customers
- Customer focussed with plenty of initiative and a positive outlook
- Ability to work without supervision
- An understanding of waste related legislation
- Ability to manage time and complete multi-tasks in line with timescales
- Good knowledge of IT especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5365
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sidcup, South East London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk