Planning Technician who is an enthusiastic and well-motivated person to join the Development Management team to provide technical and administrative support in relation to processing and validating planning applications, pre-application enquiries and planning enforcement is required for a Borough Council based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
SALARY: £20,092 to £21,748 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Flexible working, pension Scheme, free on-site parking, excellent personal and professional development opportunities, opportunities to make a difference
LOCATION: Ripley, Derbyshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Planning Technician who is an enthusiastic and well-motivated person to join the Development Management team to provide technical and administrative support in relation to processing and validating planning applications, pre-application enquiries and planning enforcement.
Working as a Planning Technician you will have good communication, administrative, time-management and organisational skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to work to deadlines.
As a Planning Technician you will have practical experience of computer databases and systems and competence in using PC Applications is also required, along with the ability to learn and communicate technical information.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Planning Technician will include:
- Assist with processing planning applications, permitted development enquiries, pre-application enquiries and planning enforcement issues
- Respond accurately and promptly to enquiries and communications from the public, elected members and other stakeholders
- Undertake checking and validation of planning applications
- Assist in the registration, collation and monitoring of appeals
- Prepare, sort, scan and index incoming mail
- Undertake case closures for planning applications following determination
- Provide information to customers using electronic records
- Process cheque payments and undertake receipts for payments
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to relate to people at all levels
- Electronic service delivery
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise workload, work to deadlines and plan ahead
- Self-motivated with an ability to work accurately on own initiative and with minimum supervision but also as part of a team
- Operation of IT applications including word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to absorb and communicate technical information
- Ability to work accurately with figures and collate statistical information
- Knowledge of general administration procedures and processes
- Knowledge of the Council’s Corporate policies e.g. Customer Care
- Practical experience of dealing with confidential correspondence
- Practical experience of providing an effective administration service
- Practical experience of computer databases and systems, including word processing and spreadsheets
- Awareness of Data Protection and Freedom of Information requests
- Sound basic education, including Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or 4 and above or equivalent
- An awareness of the range of services provided by the Council, including planning application processes
- Awareness of the status, responsibilities and governance of local government
- Awareness of relevant planning legislation
- Experience working within a local authority environment
- Experience working within a planning service
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7491
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ripley, Derbyshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk