Planning Officer with an RTPI accredited degree or equivalent qualification, practical experience of legislation, policy and practice in respect of development management and the ability to read and interpret plans is required for a well-established council based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
SALARY: £30,984- £34,373 per annum (Grade 7)
LOCATION: Ripley, Derbyshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Planning Officer with an RTPI accredited degree or equivalent qualification, practical experience of legislation, policy and practice in respect of development management and the ability to read and interpret plans.
Working as a Planning Officer you will contribute to the provision of development management services in a proportion of the Borough.
As a Planning Officer you will be responsible for a designated caseload and assess and report on planning and allied applications, including undertaking site Visits.
Your duties as a Planning Officer will include:
- Be responsible for a designated caseload and assess and report on planning and allied applications, including undertaking site visits
- Present reports on planning and allied applications to Planning Board
- Advise and negotiate with applicants and other stakeholders on a range of development proposals, ensuring adherence to planning requirements
- Research and prepare evidence for planning appeals and present the cases either through written representations or informal hearings
- Provide high standards of customer service, in particular ensuring that complaints are dealt with in a courteous and timely manner
- Support the Growth & Town Centres team in respect of the Council’s economic ambitions and priorities
- Attend public meetings, as necessary, to provide advice and support on planning and development matters
- Respond accurately and promptly to enquiries and communications
- Support the Enforcement Officers, as appropriate, in the successful resolution of breaches of planning control
- Be aware of and adhere to the Council’s commitment to equality and diversity
- Adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act in respect of confidentiality and disclosure of data and the Freedom of Information
- Act in respect of access to information held by the Council
- Be aware of all relevant risk assessments, hazards and the control measures to be used
- RTPI accredited degree or equivalent qualification
- Practical knowledge and experience of legislation, policy and practice in respect of development management
- Awareness of the environmental, economic and social context of development management
- A clear understanding of the role of elected members and officers in development management
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills with a range of audiences and ability to deal with contentious issues
- Electronic service delivery
- Effective time management of tasks
- Ability to read and interpret plans
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent personal and professional development
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8661
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ripley, Derbyshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk