Planning Assistant with an RTIP accredited certificate or equivalent qualification, and excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills is required for a Borough Council based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
SALARY: £23,953 - £25,927 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Flexible working, pension scheme, free on-site parking, excellent personal and professional development opportunities, opportunities to make a difference
LOCATION: Ripley, Derbyshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Planning Assistant with an RTIP accredited certificate or equivalent qualification, and excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
Working as a Planning Assistant you will contribute to the provision of development management services throughout the Borough, taking responsibility for a designated caseload.
As a Planning Assistant you will be responsible for a designated caseload and assess and report on planning and allied applications, including undertaking site visits.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Planning Assistant will include:
- Advise and negotiate with applicants and other stakeholders on a range of development proposals, ensuring adherence to planning requirements
- Research and prepare evidence for planning appeals
- Undertake checking and validation of planning applications during peaks in workload and/or during periods of annual leave/sickness absence
- Provide high standards of customer service
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Council’s economic strategy
- Be less reliant on paper files and assist the Council towards a paperless office
- Attend public meetings as necessary to provide advice and support on planning and development matters
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of planning and enforcement issues and practice and undertake appropriate training as requested
- Respond accurately and promptly to enquiries and communications from the public, elected members and other stakeholders
- Support the Enforcement Officers, as appropriate, in the successful resolution of breaches of planning control
- Be aware of and contribute to initiatives in conjunction with Performance Management
- Participate in the development of the electronic service delivery of the Development Management team in an integrated and effective manner
- Practical experience of legislation, policy and practice in respect of Development Management
- Awareness of Data Protection and Freedom of Information requests
- 5 GCSEs (Grade C or 4 and above including Maths and English)
- RTPI accredited certificate or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Health & Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- IT Security
- Financial Regulations
- Customer Care
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills with a range of audiences and ability to deal with contentious issues
- Electronic service delivery
- Self-motivation and effective time management of tasks
- An ability to read and interpret plans
- Ability to advise and negotiate with applicants and other stakeholders on a range of development proposals, ensuring adherence to planning requirements
- Ability to research and prepare evidence for planning appeals
- Ability to work accurately with figures and collate statistical information
- Awareness of the environmental, economic and social context in respect of Development Management issues
- A clear understanding of the role of elected members and officers in Development Management
- Knowledge of the Council’s Corporate policies e.g. Customer Care
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8662
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ripley, Derbyshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk