Graduate Trainee or Experienced Pension Analyst that has good Microsoft Excel, Word, analytical and mathematical modelling skills with the ability to work well within a team environment and support colleagues is required for a well-established Company located in Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
Previous experience of pensions would be an advantage. However, this is not essential as full training will be provided.
SALARY: £20,000 - £30,000 per annum + Bonus (There will be the opportunity to earn a bonus based on individual performance and the contribution made to the profitability of the business overall)
BENEFITS: Flexible Working Hours, Study Support, Workplace Pension Scheme, Death in Service Life Assurance Scheme, plus a Relaxed and Friendly Working Environment.
Study support is expected to be provided for relevant professional exams, either the examinations of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or the Pensions Management Institute (after a minimum service period)
LOCATION: Wetherby, West Yorkshire. However flexible home working is possible
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Pension Analyst that has good Microsoft Excel, Word, analytical and mathematical modelling skills with the ability to work well within a team environment and support colleagues.
Working as the Pension Analyst you will write Actuarial and Pensions Reports in connection with Divorce, Personal Injury and Employment Tribunal Cases. It will also involve providing administrative, marketing and technical support to ensure that the business runs as efficiently as possible. The post holder will need to be able to work unsupervised and be highly motivated.
As the Pension Analyst, you will be an excellent communicator and have a highly professional attitude towards your work. It is also important that you are a strong team player able to work well in a small dynamic team, providing support and assistance to colleagues as required.
The position also requires you to think analytically and solve business problems by mathematical modelling as required. The ability to understand and manipulate Excel spreadsheets is essential to the position. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word is also required. The holder needs to ideally possess a degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Science (2:2 or higher) although consideration will be given to candidates with a strong degree (2:1 or higher) in a Science, Engineering or Financial subject, which can be demonstrated to have contained significant mathematical content.
The successful candidate will be offered study support for the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries actuarial exams after completing one years service. Alternatively, study support can be provided for the Pensions Management Institute exams if preferred.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Pension Analyst include:
- Writing Actuarial and Pensions Reports in connection with Divorce/Personal Injury/Employment Tribunal settlements
- Mathematical modelling associated with actuarial valuation and other calculation spreadsheets
- Analysis of client files to identify what information needs to be obtained in order that accurate calculations can be performed when preparing a report
- Performing data collection and data analysis work in relation to client files which will involve liaising with insurance companies, pension schemes and firms of solicitors as required
- Providing Business Support in connection with the range of tasks that need to be performed in managing a small business
- Maintain a highly professional approach to work at all times
- Ensure that all work carried out in this position is of the highest quality to meet the high expectations that clients demand
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, suppliers and work colleagues
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality and data protection in all aspects of client work carried out
- Be able to work under own initiative setting personal goals to achieve targets as well as meeting the targets and deadlines required of the business
- Work efficiently as a key member of a small team to enable the business to achieve its targets
- Critically analyse own performance through self-assessment as well as through written and verbal feedback given by others
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6004
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Wetherby, West Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk