Payroll Officer with excellent communication skills and previous experience of PAYE and payroll processing, is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
This role will ideally suit someone with a minimum AAT qualification and knowledge of Sage Financials is preferable.
SALARY: £22,000 - £26,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Salisbury, Wiltshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, up to 15 Months Maternity Leave Cover Contract
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer with excellent communication skills and previous experience of payroll processing.
As the Payroll Officer you will join the busy in-house finance team based at the Salisbury Head Office, reporting to the Financial Controller, ensuring accurate and timely processing and payment of payroll information including pension contributions, other company benefits and submission of statutory requirements to HMRC.
Working as the Payroll Officer you will submit monthly and year end information to HMRC including, but not limited to, monthly RTI PAYE/NI remittances, P35’s, P60’s, P11d’s and PSA returns.
Administration of the company fleet management and ensuring car benefits are recorded and reported correctly will also be part of this role.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Payroll Officer will include:
- Providing support and guidance to the organisation’s homes, schools, fostering offices and support functions on all payroll and payroll related matters
- Build relationships with multiple managers across the organisation to provide an accurate and timely payroll support function
- Maintain all necessary payroll records, both computerised and manual
- Calculate variable payroll data from relevant time sheets
- Process data into relevant systems in accordance with statutory and contractual obligations, to generate payments to employees and email out pay slips
- To issue P45 documents for all leavers
- Liaise with Managers over any discrepancies and employees in relation to month end pay queries
- Input pension data on a monthly basis to external agency and to ensure compliance with Auto Enrolment provisions
- Liaise with the HR team to ensure the smooth operation of all cash plan, death in service, health insurance and other employee benefit schemes in operation
- Process and input wage journals into the Sage 200 financial accounting system
- Ensure control accounts and reconciliations are kept up to date
- Compile and analyse weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports for management information and KPIs
- Year-end reconciliation of payroll data for P11D, P35 & P60’s
- Ordering, cancelling and monitoring of Lease Hire vehicles in accordance with employment contracts
- Ensure that all expenses claims are paid accurately and promptly
- Deal with verbal queries and written correspondence in a polite and timely manner
- Keep abreast of all developments relating to payroll law and administration to ensure that the company complies with its statutory obligations and follows best practice
- Previous experience of a similar role is essential
- Extensive experience of statutory payments and deductions
- Extensive experience of Real Time Information reporting for HMRC
- Minimum AAT qualification
- Knowledge of Sage Financials preferable
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent with grade C or above in Maths and English
- Customer Service Practice
- Hold a full driving licence would be desirable
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Perkbox scheme offering excellent discounts
- Employee assistance programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6641
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.