Payroll Manager who is a member of Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP), with previous experience of managing payroll in a medium to large organisation, staff supervision and detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules is required for a well-established company based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England.
SALARY: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum +Bonus + Benefits
BENEFITS: up to 5% Annual Personal Performance Related Bonus, Annual Company Performance Related Bonus, Annual Pay Reviews and Increases, Company Pension Scheme, 23 Days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Continuous Training and Development)
LOCATION: Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a confident and enthusiastic Payroll Manager who is a member of Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP), with previous experience of managing payroll in a medium to large organisation, staff supervision and detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules.
As the Payroll Manager you will ensuring each stage of the payroll process is properly actioned, that staff are paid correctly, and appropriate information is communicated to the Company’s pension providers, HMRC and other statutory and pension scheme bodies.
Working as the Payroll Manager you will have substantial experience of using complex computerised payroll systems involving all aspects of payroll and an in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation relation to Payroll and Pensions.
- The company is privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to them each year
- They are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – their outcomes are some of the best in the UK
- In 2018 they became the largest provider of NHS cataract surgery – 24,000+ surgeries per annum.
- The company want their staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in
- They’re proud to have been awarded gold status from Investors in People (IIP), putting the company in the top 3% for world-class performance achieved through its staff focus
- They have 27 hospitals and will be opening new hospitals over the next 12 months
Your duties and responsibilities as the Payroll Manager will include:
- Accurately prepare and input payroll data into the payroll database (Civica) to include starters, leavers and amendments
- Administer and calculate bank staff pay, overtime, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the monthly payrolls. Complete all statutory and regulatory monthly and annual returns required by HMRC, Standard Life, and other
- Conduct regular systems checks to ensure that the payroll database is working correctly and to identify any problems, reporting issues to the Financial Controller and/or IT colleagues
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the finance department, ensuring that monthly reconciliations for budget purposes are undertaken
- Produce detailed management reports as required by the Financial Controller, the Chief People Officer and other senior managers
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary. Ensuring all staff are kept informed of changes which may impact on the organisation or individuals
- Produce and maintain up-to-date and comprehensive guidance notes on using the payroll elements of the Civica database
- Perform any other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Financial Controller
- Good level of Education (minimum B GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths)
- Hold a recognised qualification in Payroll and Pensions e.g. CIPP Diploma in Payroll Management or equivalent
- Member of Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
- Previous experience of Payroll
- Management in a medium to large organisation
- Detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules
- Substantial experience of using complex computerised payroll systems involving all aspects of payroll
- Experience of designing and implementing internal controls and audit
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Payroll and Pensions
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6525
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk