HR Payroll and Benefits Manager / Specialist who has significant experience processing payrolls using iTrent MHR software with excellent communication and organisational skills is required by a well-established Company located in Reading, Berkshire
SALARY: Competitive + Generous Benefits (25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Discretionary Bonus Scheme, Pension Plan, Life Assurance Cover, Flexible Benefits Scheme (Supporting you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle), Discounts and Savings from Retailers and Service Providers, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan)
LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be able to demonstrate significant experience processing high volume monthly payrolls from start to finish using iTrent MHR software. You must have a good understanding of UK PAYE legislation and good understanding of how to calculate deductions such as overpayments, maternity, sickness payments, Tax and National Insurance.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an HR Payroll and Benefits Manager / Specialist who has significant experience processing payrolls using iTrent MHR software with excellent communication and organisational skills.
Working as the HR Payroll and Benefits Manager / Specialist you will report to the HR Operations Manager and will be responsible for operating five payrolls (end to end) and working closely with the third party managed payroll service provider.
As the HR Payroll and Benefits Manager / Specialist, you will, along with the HR/Payroll Administrator, be the point of contact for 1100 employees’ monthly salary payments. This is a new role for the company following the implementation of a new HR/Payroll system and significant growth in headcount.
As the HR Payroll and Benefits Manager / Specialist, you will have an opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities in a role that will develop over time. The successful candidate will be able to make their mark and provide an impeccable payroll service to staff.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage & process end to end monthly payrolls, this will include liaising with outsource provider (MHR) to ensure that: all elements of payroll; from inputting data, processing, HMRC and pension submissions and notifications, payroll reconciliation and BACS processing are completed within defined timescales
- Act as SME with regards to the processing of the payrolls in iTrent, ensuring training and support is provided to other members of the team to improve knowledge and confidence with regards to the end-to-end payroll process
- Assist and support the team in responding to queries from employees. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of payroll processes and procedures and will provide payroll related advice, guidance and support to all employees and managers
- Deal with all associated payroll processing tasks required for processing to completion of the payroll process
- Work closely with Finance team during payroll validation / review to deal with queries and related resolutions
- Ensure accurate payment to employees and highlight any risks and anomalies to the relevant senior management. Process mapping of all payroll procedures including the production of a payroll manual, designing and implementing internal controls and audits as well as an in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Payroll and Pensions
- Optimise the use of iTrent assisting and supporting the operations by linking technology, processes and systems to ensure the best usage
- Liaise with third parties including the presiding payroll outsource team, the Department of work and Pensions, HMRC etc.
- To address any National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage variance so that the Company is compliant with HMRC regulations
- To ensure any requirements for employee(s) deductions such as childcare vouchers, pensions, court orders etc. are processed and paid accurately including, but not limited to, the management of required third party payments
- Compile payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports and maintaining records, including the collection, calculation and accuracy of data. Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, savings deductions, and job role changes, personal detail changes and department/ division transfers
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of online payslips and electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Managing of payroll(s) output files to meet agreed timescales as set out by the outsource provider
- Ensure administration of any manual payments that have been authorised by the HR Director in order to make sure that employee(s) are paid on time and correctly
- Prepare regular reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave and non-taxable payments, including reviewing, but not limited to, Pre-submission checks, Gross to Net, 1st & final draft, P30, PAYE so payments can be made correctly, on time and authorised by the correct stakeholders
- Maintenance of payroll changes/process in order to ensure these are processed by the Outsource provider in line with the Company expectations
- Work with HR in order to streamline and simplify the payroll administration activities in order to provide a better service for the employee(s) and the Company
- To highlight any overpayments and work with HR in order to address recovery of these payments
- To ensure the team supports in processing and obtaining maternity schedules and payments so employee(s) are clear the impact of taking leave
- To obtain historic payment information in relation to disputes in order to satisfy employee / Company issues
- To work closely with the outsource payroll provider, in order to address any concerns, service provided, and amendments including monthly review service calls
- To perform any ad-hoc duties that the Company considers to be reasonable and within your capability
- Significant experience processing payrolls using iTrent MHR software – this is an essential requirement
- Able to demonstrate previous significant experience processing high volume monthly payrolls from start to finish
- Good understanding of UK PAYE legislation and a good understanding of how to calculate deductions such overpayments, maternity, sickness payments, Tax and National Insurance
- Be confident with regard to manual calculations
- Excellent communication skills
- You will have proven track record of building working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of using reporting software to extract payroll data
- Experience in a similar industry would be useful
- Ideally be CIPP/CIPD PQ or qualified
- Proven track record of implementing improvements to processes/efficiencies
- Business Objects reporting experience would be useful
- IR35 experience would be very useful
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4956
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk