Payroll Administrator / Assistant who has a high attention to detail, strong mathematical and communication skills with previous experience in a similar role is required for a well-established company based in Exeter, Devon, South West England.
SALARY: £20,000 - £22,000 per Annum + Benefits including, Free Parking, Free Gym, Modern Office Setting, Nest Pension Scheme
LOCATION: Exeter, Devon, South West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday-08:00 – 17:00
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Payroll Administrator / Assistant who has a high attention to detail, strong mathematical and communication skills with previous experience in a similar role.
Working as a Payroll Administrator / Assistant you will provide in house payroll services to the company, providing support to the Payroll Manager.
As a Payroll Administrator / Assistant you will be responsible for the delivery of the monthly payroll administration and ensure all employees are paid correctly through the monthly payrolls.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Payroll Administrator / Assistant will include:
- Process the payment of staff salaries, including any salary sacrifice, through the payroll system in a timely manner
- Administer all statutory payments in line with HMRC legislation e.g., SSP, SMP, SPP
- Working closely with HR to process joiners, leavers, and all amendments to payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- Processing statutory deductions from pay e.g., Court Orders, Student Loans.
- Liaising with external organisations such as HMRC, pension providers etc to provide returns as required
- Submitting RTI reports to HMRC
- Maintain general ledger for payroll transactions
- Provide support to Payroll Manager on project work which requires input from Payroll
- Provide support to the Payroll Manager with the month end and year end duties, P60s and P11ds in a timely manner
- Update controls and follow internal processes
- Provide support to employees to resolve any payroll queries, including tax queries and statutory calculations and managing corrections
- Assist in the transitioning payrolls and acquisitions, setting up payroll, CIS and Pension schemes
- Process Auto Enrolment pensions to meet legal obligations including enrolment
- Relevant payroll qualifications are desirable and / or AAT qualifications or equivalent
- Able to work well on their own and as part of a team
- Excellent mathematics and communication skills
- Previous experience in payroll
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- CIPP Payroll qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Proven experience with BrightPay is desirable, but not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7765
Full-Time, Permanent Accountancy Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Exeter, Devon, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk